OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I looked at the archivist - there are runes of healing and restoration and you're equally limited with your spells. That said, bard would be a better fit - both because we lack support (and have ranged, arcane and melee) and to have mythic marshal (assuming you will take the path) - and finally, Thorn and Viridian will appreciate extra +2 to attack :)

Scotley

Hero
Ummm, hello. I have time and space...but I would need quick rundown on the rules. Also, I have (fairly high level) 3rd party archivist (rune caster) concept which is easily scaled down. Never played. If 3rd party is out...I'll read up on the rules here. Let me know if I can play.

EDIT: ooo, never played mythic.
Here are the links for rune magic
Rune magic
Arhivist class
Archivist studies
Script list

It is similar to a sorcerer - with limited number of scripts, but instead of having total number of slots each script has it's own pool of castings. Bonus from Int is floating (one pool of bonuses for all).

Give me a day or two to look over this stuff and get back to you. I'll also provide a link to the original creation rules shortly. Unless you are set on Bard, which I think would round out the current group nicely.

Last edited:

I found it in the first OOC post, thanks.
I made Aasimar bard (Sound Striker) 3 / Evangelist of Desna 3 / Marshal 1
(I may take that racial which makes him human, just to be able to take human favorite bonus (extra spells) - still thinking about it.

I'm not sure how favorite bonus for Aasimar works :(
Choose one bardic performance; treat the bard as +1/6 level higher when determining the effects of that performance
So, I need to take this for 6 levels to get +1 BARD level not PERFORMANCE level. Thus, it doesn't work at all for most of the career since it doesn't work for all performances. It works (after 6 levels of investment) every 5th level for inspire courage and every 4th level for competence. What gives?

I was thinking on Sorrowsoul archetype...but I settled on sound striker for some blastiness since I don't plan on being melee combatant.

I'm still thinking over traits and picking spells, but in general I'm done.

Shayuri

First Post
Not all favored class bonuses are very good.

You ALWAYS have the option of taking the bonus skill point or bonus hit point in lieu of the racial ones though.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I was thinking on Sorrowsoul archetype...but I settled on sound striker for some blastiness since I don't plan on being melee combatant.

If you have a story of sorrow, check dirge bard - it may be similar theme and replace different things.

Scotley

Hero
I found it in the first OOC post, thanks.
I made Aasimar bard (Sound Striker) 3 / Evangelist of Desna 3 / Marshal 1
(I may take that racial which makes him human, just to be able to take human favorite bonus (extra spells) - still thinking about it.

I'm not sure how favorite bonus for Aasimar works :(
Choose one bardic performance; treat the bard as +1/6 level higher when determining the effects of that performance
So, I need to take this for 6 levels to get +1 BARD level not PERFORMANCE level. Thus, it doesn't work at all for most of the career since it doesn't work for all performances. It works (after 6 levels of investment) every 5th level for inspire courage and every 4th level for competence. What gives?

Excellent, I look forward to seeing him. As Shayuri said not all the favored class bonuses are great.

Scotley

Hero
Fenris and Leif were fighters IIRC, and with two of them gone I think I will play a fighter type.

edit:

1 war priest and two spell slingers ared missing .. .. ..hmm .. .. ..

[sblock=Voorgan Komkoski]

dark skinned, curly dark hair half elf wizard from distant places. Arrived with Human father who ls known to live for short time in the beleaguered lands of the kingdom until killed during an attack by the allies of the demon forces while still in his academic years of wizardry. A close friend of his father's, Ivan Komkoski, who adopted him as his own son and continued his studies.

Said characters will start at 6th level with high fantasy stats, 1 mythic tier and 16,000 gp worth of equipment. Each character should take one of the Mythic campaign character traits (see the players' guide) as well as two standard traits. Start with max hit points at first level and 4 on a d6, 6 on an d8, 7 on a d10 and 9 on a d12 at higher levels.

20 pointt buy.
12 Str 02
13 Dex 03 +1 @ lv 4
13 Con 03
15 Int 07 +2 @ lv 1
13 Wis 03
12 Cha 02

level 6 wizard - abjuration [?] transmutation [?]
Myhic tier 1 against the demon hoard

At the time of the mythic ascension of the party in general:
While in his studies He saw a vision of the Goddess reach out and lightly touch his forehead. He immediately went into a comatose state from a surge of the god level of energy that over took him.

present day:
Ivan Komkoski had watched over Voorgan until his waking. He immediately called for priests and he was restored to health while he gave an account of the happenings in the kingdom, However at the end of the recount, Voorgan placed his hand on Ivan's arm and told his adoptive father he must immediately join the fight. Ivan could not be more proud!

work in progress
[/sblock]

How's it coming DeWar? I like what you have so far.

This is Adrian Graves

Aasimar bard, evangelist od Deana, flagbearer of beauty, obedient traveller into the unknown, whose voice can lift the spirits or bring down the mountains
(feats: Flagbearer, Deific Obeissance and (probably) Lingering Performance. Item of note: mnemonic vestments (cast scroll without expending it 1/day)

I would really like singing iron item, but...6000gp...
I took inspired defender mythic so my songs and dances don't give bonuses against fear and charm, but to all saves :)
He is here to travel in his parents footsteps trying to find out what happened to them. He managed to bypass the army and got caught by the ghouls as he fled from the gargoyles. He is currently awaiting ghoulish pleasure to be eaten, sacrificed or both.
UPDATE
LOW HP, but fairly balanced stats - not unable to combat, but not a warrior either - reach weapon with special material against demons :)
HP 8 +5x6 + 6xCON(1) +4 = 48
(variation here was CON 14, Int 12 and Str 10 ) <-- what the rest of you think?
STR 14 +2 5pts
DEX 14 +2 5pts
CON 12 +1 2pts
INT 10 +0 0pts
WIS 10 +0 -2pts
CHA 19 +4 10pts (+1@4th)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Abyssal

BAB +4 (Bard +2 Evangelist +2)
Attacks (damage x1.5 vs demons)
Longspear: +7 / 1d8+2 (x3) - brace, reach
Starknife: +7 / 1d4+2 (x3) (thrown 20')
Net: -2 (touch attack)
Tattoo: +8 / 1d6+4 (will DC 16 for half)

Fort: +4 = +2 +1 +1
Ref: +9 = +6 +2 +1
Will: +6 = +5 +0 +1

Init: +2+1
Concentration: +10
CMB +6 (BAB + Str)
CMD +14 (10 + Str + Dex + Deflection + Dodge + Insight + Luck + Morale + Sacred)

I hate picking items on the budget, too many things to choose from - sure things: cloak of resistance, MW primal iron spear, starknife and gauntlet, handy haversack and some scrolls
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION]: Are third party spells acceptable? How about physical exemplar archetype?

Neurotic, dirge bard works necromancy...doesnt work here

Last edited:

Remove ads