D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hello

So, my arm has been twisted.

Here's the deal. An NPC in my IRL game is becoming important, so I'm going to have to stat him out. And I *reaaaly* know how to RP him already. And he would be around level 4 so... I might as well put him in this game :)

Are you ok with a quirky rogue that isn't quite optimized? His background would be sailor, but not a *sea* sailor - rather he's from a riverboat clan.

(note: he has a few... not normal... features that are neat but probably wouldn't fit in the game so I'll skip on those).

If yes, then I shall be... Udit, the Lamarakhi, Human Rogue (thief), sailor background.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hello

So, my arm has been twisted.

Here's the deal. An NPC in my IRL game is becoming important, so I'm going to have to stat him out. And I *reaaaly* know how to RP him already. And he would be around level 4 so... I might as well put him in this game :)

Are you ok with a quirky rogue that isn't quite optimized? His background would be sailor, but not a *sea* sailor - rather he's from a riverboat clan.

(note: he has a few... not normal... features that are neat but probably wouldn't fit in the game so I'll skip on those).

If yes, then I shall be... Udit, the Lamarakhi, Human Rogue (thief), sailor background.
Sounds good to me! I'm actually not used to playing with what people on the internet generally think of as "optimized". That said, if your PC-who-in-another-game-is-an-NPC is really under-powered, he will probably die. But you never know...

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So, I'm going to make two characters for the two different parties. Fire Genasi Wu Jen Mystic, and Air Genasi Soul Knife Mystic. I'll also have a Water Genasi Awakened Mind Mystic and an Earth Genasi Immortal Mystic as backup. I'll get the Fire Genasi's sheet done tonight.
I had a thought - are they all from some elemental-mental monastery or something? Or is it a happy cooincidence? Maybe they are rivals and will shout at each other and refuse to be in a room together! 😝

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Basically, Udit found a God. A really, really, really weak god, called the Beetle of Forgotten Memories. Udit is its sole worshiper, and has been infused with eldrich power... as in a few measly spells (the magic initiate feat at level 4 basically).

This is... not the best use of a feat, but it's who Udit is.

Udit is from a riverboat clan, but has been exiled for being "deviant" (as in, not wanting to go along with the clan's very peculiar customs regarding marriage, ie having a more "mainstream" view). He's wide backed, average height, middle aged and has a strange hat. He has several pockmarks due to failed alchemical experiment to grow back a missing tooth - several tooth grew on his face and had to be yanked out. He has *very* nice boots, of which he is *extremely* proud and never ever removes in public (in fact he's quite prudish in general). Spent some time serving a nobleman but is now independent (ie unemployed)

Attachments

• HeroForgeScreenshot - udit.png
    HeroForgeScreenshot - udit.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 242

tglassy

Adventurer
Name: Pyrus
Race: Fire Genasi
Class: Mystic (Wu Jen) 4
Background: Hermit

HP: 35
AC: 13 (Studded Leather Armor + Dex = 12+1)
Psi Points: 17 (Max 3 at a time)

Str: 12
Dex: 13
Con: 14 + 2 = 16
Int: 15 + 1 = 16
Wis: 10
Cha: 8

Skills:
Medicine
Religion
Perception
Arcana
Survival
Animal Handling

Proficiencies:
Common
Primordial
Draconic
Herbalism Kit

Weapons:
Spear - +3/1d6+1 (Thrown, Versatile 1d8+1)
Light Crossbow - +3/1d8+1

Feat: War Caster - adv on con saving throws to keep concentration, can do spells as OA's.

Racial Features:
Darkvision 60 ft: Everything is in shades of red
Fire Resistance
Know the Produce Flame cantrip
Know Burning Hands as a 1st level spell 1/day

Class Features:

4 Disciplines (Two from Wu Jen, two from class)
Telepathy (can speak telepathically to anyone I can see within 120 feet. Don't need to share language)
Strength of Mind: Can replace my Wisdom Saving Throw with any other saving throw every short or long rest.
Elemental Attunement: If creature has resistance to the damage I deal, I can spend 1 psi point to ignore resistance.

Psionic Talents (like cantrips):
Energy Beam: target one creature can see within 90 feet, target does dex saving throw (DC 13), or takes 1d8 of Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning or thunder damage (my choice)

Mystic Hand: Same as Mage Hand, but with no hand.

Disciplines (can spend max 3 points on any one discipline at a time):

Mastery of Fire
Wu Jen Discipline
You align your mind with the energy of elemental fire.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain resistance to fire damage, and you gain a +2 bonus to rolls for fire damage.

Combustion (1–7 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, choose one creature or object you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must make a Constitution save. On a failed save, the target takes 1d10 fire damage per psi point spent, and it catches on fire, taking 1d6 fire damage at the end of each of its turns until your concentration ends or until it or a creature adjacent to it extinguishes the flames with an action. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t catch on fire.

Rolling Flame (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, you create fire in a 20-foot-by-20-foot cube within 5 feet of you. The fire lasts until your concentration ends. Any creature in that area when you use this ability and any creature that ends its turn there takes 5 fire damage.

Mastery of Ice
Wu Jen Discipline
You master the power of ice, shaping it to meet you demands.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have resistance to cold damage.

Ice Spike (1–7 psi). As an action, you hurl a mote of ice at one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the target takes 1d8 cold damage per psi point spent and has its speed halved until the start of your next turn. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage.

Ice Sheet (2 psi). As an action, choose a point on the ground you can see within 60 feet of you. The ground in a 20-foot radius centered on that point becomes covered in ice for 10 minutes. It is difficult terrain, and any creature that moves more than 10 feet on it must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. If the surface is sloped, a creature that falls prone in the area immediately slides to the bottom of the slope.

Frozen Sanctuary (3 psi). As a bonus action, you sheathe yourself with icy resilience. You gain 20 temporary hit points.

Mastery of Light and Darkness
Wu Jen Discipline
You claim dominion over light and darkness with your mind.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, natural and magical darkness within 30 feet of you has no effect on your vision.

Darkness (1–7 psi). As an action, you create an area of magical darkness, which foils darkvision. Choose a spot you can see within 60 feet of you. Magical darkness radiates from that point in a sphere with a 10-foot radius per psi point spent on this ability. The light produced by spells of 2nd level or less is suppressed in this area.

Light (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, an object you touch radiates light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light lasts until your concentration ends. Alternatively, a creature you touch radiates light in the same manner if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. While lit in this manner, it can’t hide, and attack rolls against it gain advantage.

Shadow Beasts (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, you cause two shadows to appear in unoccupied spaces you can see within 60 feet of you. The shadows last until your concentration ends, and they obey your verbal commands. In combat, roll for their initiative, and choose their behavior during their turns. When this effect ends, the shadows disappear. See the Monster Manual for their stat block.

Mantle of Fear
You tap into a well of primal fear and turn yourself into a beacon of terror to your enemies.
Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks.
Incite Fear (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or become frightened of you until your concentration ends. Whenever the frightened target ends its turn in a location where it can’t see you, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Unsettling Aura (3 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As a bonus action, you cloak yourself in unsettling psychic energy. Until your concentration ends, any enemy within 60 feet of you that can see you must spend 1 extra foot of movement for every foot it moves toward you. A creature ignores this effect if immune to being frightened.

Equipment:
Studded Leather Armor
Spear
Light Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Scholar's Pack
Scroll case full of notes from my studies
Winter blanket
Common clothes
Herbalism kit
5 gp

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
That's Pyrus. Aurai will be next, the Air Genasi Soul Knife, then Aquai the Water Genasi Awakened Mind and Terrus the Earth Genasi Immortal. They're four siblings, quintuplets whose parents were blessed by four different Genies, one of each element. They are fiercely loyal to each other, and also fiercely rivals with each other at the same time, as siblings go. I'll start on Aurai now. And I will be keeping these characters for later use, btw.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I got a question for everybody: There are many maps available for the adventure, including a game-day handout. I consider them all very spoilery.

Also, I have no idea how to do online gaming with all those gridmaps AND I have been playing "Theatre-of-the-mind" for a years now, in spite of owning a game store, with access to tons of minis, maps, freaking Dwarven Forge, etc.

I also don't have much time on a computer, and will be doing a lot of this from a phone.

My question is: does anyone mind if I don't provide much in the way of maps and do things generally more descriptively? I will come up with visual aids if it becomes a problem.

Remove ads