D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That's Pyrus. Aurai will be next, the Air Genasi Soul Knife, then Aquai the Water Genasi Awakened Mind and Terrus the Earth Genasi Immortal. They're four siblings, quintuplets whose parents were blessed by four different Genies, one of each element. They are fiercely loyal to each other, and also fiercely rivals with each other at the same time, as siblings go. I'll start on Aurai now. And I will be keeping these characters for later use, btw.
I love the origin. I'm gonna have to trust you on how the Mystic stuff works. I haven't looked at it since the week it came out. Pyrus looks very interesting, though.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
Name: Aurai
Race: Female Air Genasi
Class: Mystic (Soul Knife) 4
Background: Criminal (Spy)

HP: 35
AC: 17 (+2 when parrying with soul knife)
Psi Points: 17 (Max 3 at a time)

Str: 8
Dex: 15 + 1 = 16
Con: 14 + 2 = 16
Int: 10
Wis: 13
Cha: 12

Skills:
Deception
Stealth
Perception
Arcana

Proficiencies:
Medium Armor
Martial Weapons
Common
Primordial
Dice Gaming Set
Thieves Tools

Weapons:
Soul Knife - +5/1d8+3 psychic (spend 2 psi points to give +1 for 1 minutes)
Light Crossbow - +5/1d8+3

Feat: Medium Armor Master: Medium armor does not impost disadvantage on stealth, can use +3 from Dex.

Racial Features:
Unending Breath: Can hold breath indefinitely while not incapacitated
Mingle with the Wind: can cast levitate once per day

Class Features:

2 Disciplines
Telepathy (can speak telepathically to anyone I can see within 120 feet. Don't need to share language)
Strength of Mind: Can replace my Wisdom Saving Throw with any other saving throw every short or long rest.

Psionic Talents (like cantrips):
Blind Spot: As an Action, you erase your image from the mind of one creature you can see within 120 feet. Target makes wisdom saving throw (DC 11), and if fails, you are invisible to him until end of your next turn

Delusion: Basically, Minor Illusion, but only effects one person.

Disciplines (can spend max 3 points on any one discipline at a time):

Mastery of Air
Wu Jen Discipline
You become one with the power of elemental air. Psychic Focus. While focused on this
discipline, you take no falling damage, and you ignore difficult terrain when walking.

Wind Step (1–7 psi). As part of your move on your turn, you can fly up to 20 feet for each psi point spent. If you end this flight in the air, you fall unless something else holds you aloft.

Wind Stream (1–7 psi). As an action, you create a line of focused air that is 30 feet long and 5 feet wide. Each creature in that area must make a Strength saving throw, taking 1d8
bludgeoning damage per psi point spent and being knocked prone on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Cloak of Air (3 psi; conc., 10 min.). As a bonus action, you seize control of the air around you to create a protective veil. Until your concentration ends, attack rolls against you have disadvantage, and when a creature you can see misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to force the creature to repeat the attack roll against itself.

Nomadic Step
Nomad Discipline
You exert your mind on the area around you, twisting the intraplanar pathways you perceive to allow instantaneous travel.

Psychic Focus. After you teleport on your turn while focused on this discipline, your walking speed increases by 10 feet until the end of the turn, as you are propelled by the magic of your teleportation. You can receive this increase only once per turn.

Step of a Dozen Paces (1–7 psi). If you haven’t moved yet on your turn, you take a bonus action to teleport up to 20 feet per psi point spent to an unoccupied space you can see, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn.

Nomadic Anchor (1 psi). As an action, you create an invisible, intangible teleportation anchor in a 5-foot cube you can see within 120 feet of you. For the next 8 hours, whenever you use this psionic discipline to teleport, you can instead teleport to the anchor, even if you can’t see it, but it must be within range of the teleportation ability.

Defensive Step (2 psi). When you are hit by an attack, you can use your reaction to gain a +4 bonus to AC against that attack, possibly turning it into a miss. You then teleport up to 10 feet to an unoccupied space you can see.

There and Back Again (2 psi). As a bonus action, you teleport up to 20 feet to an unoccupied space you can see and then move up to half your speed. At the end of your turn, you can teleport back to the spot you occupied before teleporting, unless it is now occupied or on a different plane of existence.

Transposition (3 psi). If you haven’t moved yet on your turn, choose an ally you can see within 60 feet of you. As a bonus action, you and that creature teleport, swapping places, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn. This ability fails and is wasted if either of you can’t fit in the destination space.

Equipment:
Scale Mail
Light Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Explorer's Pack
Crowbar
Dark Common Clothes with hood
200 gp

tglassy

Adventurer
I've been studying the Mystic since it came out, so I'm pretty familiar. It's about as versitile as a wizard is, but the "Spells" are more themed than the wizard. Where the wizard can cherry pick his spells, the Mystic has to pick a Discipline, which grants themed 'spells'. So, less versitile than a wizard, but just as many spells or so.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've been studying the Mystic since it came out, so I'm pretty familiar. It's about as versitile as a wizard is, but the "Spells" are more themed than the wizard. Where the wizard can cherry pick his spells, the Mystic has to pick a Discipline, which grants themed 'spells'. So, less versitile than a wizard, but just as many spells or so.
Yeah. I like the flavour of these characters, in particular when combined with the Genasi. I'm a sucker for "first generation" fluff on the stranger races, as well, so I lije the idea that your characters are Genasi by design, rather than by birth.

I have done this sort of thing with everything from dragonborn to half-elves (making them humans who were fey-touched), and that sort if thing.

I dig it.

tglassy

Adventurer
Name: Aquaria
Race: Female Water Genasi
Class: Mystic (Avatar) 4
Background: Entertainer (Dancer)

HP: 35
AC: 17 (Scale Mail + Shield)

Str: 8
Dex: 12
Int: 10
Wis: 13 +1 = 14
Cha: 15 + 1 = 16 (Actor Feat)

Skills:
Acrobatics
Performance
Perception
Arcana

Proficiencies:
Medium armor and shields
Common
Primordial
Disguise Kit
Flute

Weapons:
Mind Thrust - Int Save/1d10 psychic
Light Crossbow - +5/1d8+3

Feat: Actor

Racial Features:
Acid Resistance
Amphibious
Swim
Call to the Wave - Know Shape Water cantrip, and can cast Create or Destroy Water 1/day

Class Features:

4 Disciplines
Telepathy (can speak telepathically to anyone I can see within 120 feet. Don't need to share language)
Strength of Mind: Can replace my Wisdom Saving Throw with any other saving throw every short or long rest.
Allies get +2 to initiative

Mystic Charm - Make one person within 120 feet pass a Cha save or be charmed until my next turn.

Mind Thrust - Deals 1d10 psychic damage. Int save instead of attack.

Mantle of Joy
You tap into the joy within you, radiating it outward in soothing, psychic energy that brings hope and comfort to creatures around you.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks.

Soothing Presence (1–7 psi). As a bonus action, choose up to three creatures you can see within 60 feet of you. Each target gains 3 temporary hit points per psi point spent on this effect.

Comforting Aura (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, choose up to three allies you can see (you can choose yourself in place of one of the allies). Until your concentration ends, each target can roll a d4 when making a saving throw and add the number rolled to the total.

Aura of Jubilation (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you radiate a distracting mirth until your concentration ends. Each creature within 60 feet of you that can see you suffers disadvantage on any checks using the Perception and Investigation skills.

Psionic Restoration
Immortal Discipline
You wield psionic energy to cure wounds andrestore health to yourself and others.

Psychic Focus.
While focused on thisdiscipline, you can use a bonus action to touch acreature that has 0 hit points and stabilize it.

Mend Wounds (1–7 psi).
As an action, you canspend psi points to restore hit points to onecreature you touch. The creature regains 1d8 hitpoints per psi point spent.

Restore Health (3 psi).
As an action, you touchone creature and remove one of the followingconditions from it: blinded, deafened, paralyzed,or poisoned. Alternatively, you remove onedisease from the creature.

Psychic Assault
Awakened Discipline
You wield your mind like a weapon, unleashing salvos of psionic energy.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with psionic talents that deal psychic damage.

Psionic Blast (1–7 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target takes 1d8 psychic damage per psi point spent on this ability.

Ego Whip (3 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 psychic damage, and it is filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.

Mantle of Courage
You focus your mind on courage, radiating confidence and bravado to your allies.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you and allies within 10 feet of you who can see you have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.

Incite Courage (2 psi). As a bonus action, choose up to six creatures you can see within 60 feet of you. If any of those creatures is frightened, that condition ends on that creature.

Aura of Victory (1–7 psi; conc., 10 min.). As a bonus action, you project psionic energy until your concentration ends. The energy fortifies you and your allies when your enemies are felled; whenever an enemy you can see is reduced to 0 hit points, you and each of your allies within 30 feet of you gain temporary hit points equal to double the psi points spent to activate this effect.

Equipment:
Scale Mail
Rapier
Light Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Explorer's Pack
Flute made of glass
Costume
265 gp

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
One more.

What's funny is just how different each of these will play. Pyrus is a caster, plain and simple, he wants to blow things up and hurt people. Auria teleports around, slashing from behind, and gets up close and personal. Aquaria is a dancer, who inspires her allies and psychically assaults her foes, but does everything from well away from the front line, and I'm about to find out what Terrus will be as an Immortal. I'm excited.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One more.

What's funny is just how different each of these will play. Pyrus is a caster, plain and simple, he wants to blow things up and hurt people. Auria teleports around, slashing from behind, and gets up close and personal. Aquaria is a dancer, who inspires her allies and psychically assaults her foes, but does everything from well away from the front line, and I'm about to find out what Terrus will be as an Immortal. I'm excited.
It's really interesting to see four characters that are the same race-class combo that will play so varied.

tglassy

Adventurer
Name: Terrus
Race: Male Earth Genasi
Class: Mystic (Immortal) 4
Background: Soldier

HP: 39
AC: 16 (Immortal Durability, 10+Dex+Con) (+1 when focusing in Iron Durability)

Str: 13 + 1 = 14
Dex: 15 + 1 = 16
Int: 12
Wis: 10
Cha: 8

Skills:
Athletics
Intimidation
Perception
Arcana

Proficiencies:
Common
Primordial
Deck of cards
Land vehicles
Greatswords
Hand Crossbows
Large Crossbows
Nets

Weapons:
Greatsword - +4/2d6+2
Hand Crossbow - +5/1d6+3
Large Crossbow - +5/1d10+3
Net - +5/Restrained on hit

Feat: Weapon Master (Greatswords, Hand Crossbows, Net, Heavy Crossbow)

Racial Features:
Earth Walk - Difficult terrane made of earth or stone don't hinder me
Merge with Stone, can cast Pass Without Trace once per day

Class Features:

4 Disciplines
Gains temp HP every turn equal to Int Modifier (+1)

Psychic Hammer - Try to grasp one creature with psychic hand. Target makes Str save (DC 11), or take 1d6 damage and be moved 10 ft by me.

Blade Meld - Bonus action, melds weapon in my hand, so I cannot be disarmed, for one minute.

Adaptive Body
Immortal Discipline
You can alter your body to match your surroundings, allowing you to withstand punishing environments. With greater psi energy, you can extend this protection to others.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you don’t need to eat, breathe, or sleep. To gain the benefits of a long rest, you can spend 8 hours engaged in light activity, rather than sleeping during any of it.

Environmental Adaptation (2 psi). As an action, you or a creature you touch ignores the effects of extreme heat or cold (but not cold or fire damage) for the next hour.

Adaptive Shield (3 psi). When you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage, you can use your reaction to gain resistance to damage of that type—including the triggering damage— until the end of your next turn.

Bestial Form
Immortal Discipline
You transform your body, gaining traits of different beasts.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Wisdom (Animal Handling) checks.

Bestial Claws (1–7 psi). You manifest long claws for an instant and make a melee weapon attack against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, this attack deals 1d10 slashing damage per psi point spent.

Bestial Transformation. As a bonus action, you alter your physical form to gain different characteristics. When you use this ability, you can choose one or more of the following effects. Each effect has its own psi point cost. Add them together to determine the total cost. This transformation lasts for 1 hour, until you die, or until you end it as a bonus action.

Amphibious (2 psi). You gain gills; you can breathe air and water.

Climbing (2 psi). You grow tiny hooked claws that give you gain a climbing speed equal to your walking speed.

Flight (5 psi). Wings sprout from your back. You gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed.

Keen Senses (2 psi). Your eyes and ears become more sensitive. You gain advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks.

Perfect Senses (3 psi). You gain a keen sense of smell and an instinct to detect prey. You can see invisible creatures and objects within 10 feet of you, even if you are blinded.

Swimming (2 psi). You gain fins and webbing between your fingers and toes; you gain a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.

Tough Hide (2 psi). Your skin becomes as tough as leather; you gain a +2 bonus to AC.

Iron Durability
Immortal Discipline
You transform your body to become a living metal, allowing you to shrug off attacks that would cripple weaker creatures.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.

Iron Hide (1–7 psi). As a reaction when you are hit by an attack, you gain a +1 bonus to AC for each psi point you spend on this ability. The bonus lasts until the end of your next turn. This bonus applies against the triggering attack.

Steel Hide (2 psi). As a bonus action, you gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage until the end of your next turn.

Brute Force
Immortal Discipline
You augment your natural strength with psionic energy, granting you the ability to achieve incredible feats of might.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks.

Brute Strike (1–7 psi). As a bonus action, you gain a bonus to your next damage roll against a target you hit with a melee attack during the current turn. The bonus equals +1d6 per psi point spent, and the bonus damage is the same type as the attack. If the attack has more than one damage type, you choose which one to use for the bonus damage.

Knock Back (1–7 psi). When you hit a target with a melee attack, you can activate this ability as a reaction. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked 10 feet away from you per psi point spent. The target moves in a straight line. If it hits an object, this movement immediately ends and the target takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage per psi point spent.

Mighty Leap (1–7 psi). As part of your movement, you jump in any direction up to 20 feet per psi point spent.

Feat of Strength (2 psi). As a bonus action, you gain a +5 bonus to Strength checks until the end of your next turn.

Equipment:
Greatsword
Hand Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Large Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Net
Explorer's Pack
Officer rank insignia
Broken blade from a fallen enemy
Deck of cards
Common clothes
260 gp

tglassy

Adventurer
And Terrus is a tank. Like, big time. He doesn't need to eat, sleep or breathe (as long as he's focused on Adaptive Body), can increase his strength at will, can alter his body to take on animal aspects granting the ultimate utility and can turn his skin to metal to increase his AC. Pretty beast.

Oh, and has a similar thing to Barbarians unarmored defense, dex+con, which is great with Genasi. So, he's an Earth Genasi who walks around without a shirt, with big burly shoulders and a greatsword on his back (had to use my feat to get that, but it worked out.)

So there's my four. A Caster, a sneaky teleporting slasher, a back of the line support and an in your face tank. Pretty good party by themselves, actually. Actually, I'm going to trade out one of Aquaria's disciplines for Pionic Restoration. That way there's some healing there.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And Terrus is a tank. Like, big time. He doesn't need to eat, sleep or breathe (as long as he's focused on Adaptive Body), can increase his strength at will, can alter his body to take on animal aspects granting the ultimate utility and can turn his skin to metal to increase his AC. Pretty beast.

Oh, and has a similar thing to Barbarians unarmored defense, dex+con, which is great with Genasi. So, he's an Earth Genasi who walks around without a shirt, with big burly shoulders and a greatsword on his back (had to use my feat to get that, but it worked out.)

So there's my four. A Caster, a sneaky teleporting slasher, a back of the line support and an in your face tank. Pretty good party by themselves, actually. Actually, I'm going to trade out one of Aquaria's disciplines for Pionic Restoration. That way there's some healing there.
Neat. I find it funny that a heavy rock guy can fly (though not until higher level) but I suppose you could fluff it more like a Hulk-leap or some kind of psychic stone-launcher (rather than really "wings from your back").

Remove ads