• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Latest Episode of Angel (SPOILERS)

Welverin

First Post
GAH!!! When will someone learn to die like they're supposed to!

A2Z said:
I know he wants revenge not on Angel but his son, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how that works out. However I kind of spaced out on the whole explanation of what he was by that little girl. (Who by the way was really creepy, shiver) I'm not sure wether Sajan is a unique being or one member of a race. Can anyone clear that up for me?

Since no one stated it clearly SahJahn (according to TV Guide) doesn't want revenge on Conner he just wants him dead because Conner was prophesized to kill SahJahn. This led to SahJahn going back in time to change the prophecy to say the father kills the son, resulting in this seasons high jinks.

All in all the episode was pretty good. I seriously thought Wesley was dead at first. And when Angel when nuts on him! I really wasn't expecting that.

I don?t think I ever believed Wesley was dead but I was hoping he was. I did however watch the entire episode waiting for them to show him alive again. I was glad Angel freaked out, which I wasn?t expecting.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Oh Jesus, it's bad enough that you guys discuss each episode of Buffy on here, but now you're discussing each episode of it's near-cancellation spinoff show? Come on! There's got to be a message board dedicated to this stuff that you can take this too...

Staffan

Legend
CamelToe said:
I just wonder why the talking hamburger told Wes about watching out for the earthquake, blood etc. Was that rigged by Sajaan as well?
Note that the Loa said that the father would devour the child, not kill it. Since Angel drank Connor's blood, that part is probably already fulfilled.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Staffan said:

Note that the Loa said that the father would devour the child, not kill it. Since Angel drank Connor's blood, that part is probably already fulfilled.

I meant to follow up on this: the Loa named was, IIRC, Elegba (sp?). He's the drunken lech of a trickster god in the Voudoun pantheon; when he confirmed the prophecy, I was betting dollars to donuts that he wasn't being entirely straightforward about it.

Why did he confirm the prophecy? He probably thought it was funny.

There's a reason why you don't call on trickster gods for your divinations. I hope Wesley has learned his lesson, and goes and beats on the schmuck that sold him the spell.

Daniel

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Mistwell said:
Oh Jesus, it's bad enough that you guys discuss each episode of Buffy on here, but now you're discussing each episode of it's near-cancellation spinoff show? Come on! There's got to be a message board dedicated to this stuff that you can take this too...

Guy, it's clearly labeled. If you see a subject that doesn't interest you, avoid it - but please don't enter the thread solely to criticize it.

Thanks.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Well said, P-cat.

However, I do want to take this time to point out a site well worth visiting: www.scoopme.com. They have some fantastic well-thought-out discussion over there on most of the hot TV shows, and in particular have a very dedicated and educated core of Buffy and Angel TV reviewers and fans. I highly recommend it, and post there regularly. A sample of the head reviewer's (Josh's) style:
Even though Wesley knew that he had betrayed Angel, he must have been hoping upon hope that Angel would find it in his non-beating heart to forgive him. Instead, he finds himself on the receiving end of a pillow sandwich.

"You think I forgive you? Never! You’re gonna die, you hear me? You’re gonna pay! I’ll never forgive you, never! You’re a dead man, Pryce! I’ll kill you, I’ll kill you!"

Imagine those words, coming out of the mouth of a man for whom you thought you had sacrificed everything. Imagine those words coming from a man closer to you than any member of your own family. Imagine wishing the man had been able to finish what he started.

Angel has a soul. As I have said before, one need not be an evil blood-sucking demon to commit acts of horror and rage. He lost his son. He felt betrayed. So yes, I understand Angel’s actions.

I understand, but I don’t condone.

I love the place! Stop by!

Oogar

First Post
Hehe, there is a reason that some of us who frequent these boards would rather discuss something of common interest here, then at an innumerable number of other boards. We are aware that those we converse with here have at least some commonality of background. We enjoy the story, and even if someone thinks that a character is attractive we won't see.....

"They can't kill Wesley! He's too cute!! And Angel looked all nasty when he started spitting and stuff. What was up with that?"

I like that fact that people on these boards seem more likely to enjoy the "Story" then the hotties. Not that I have a problem with the cute, I just don't need to see it discussed.

In topic, I quite enjoyed the show, but I saw an old Connor returning as soon as the baby went through the rift. I also see Angel and his son being about as friendly towards one another as...... Can't think of a good not getting along thing. Buffy and Faith? Oil and Water? Petrol and Matches?
Holtz will have so poisoned the boy, that if Connor does not try to kill Angel in his moment of recogintion I will be very surprised. But, the surprises make the show worth watching.

Staffan

Legend
Oogar said:
In topic, I quite enjoyed the show, but I saw an old Connor returning as soon as the baby went through the rift. I also see Angel and his son being about as friendly towards one another as...... Can't think of a good not getting along thing. Buffy and Faith? Oil and Water? Petrol and Matches?
Holtz will have so poisoned the boy, that if Connor does not try to kill Angel in his moment of recogintion I will be very surprised. But, the surprises make the show worth watching.
Of course, Sahjahn has described himself as a demon with the ability to flit back and forth through time. It's very possible that in addition to sending Holtz and Connor to a very different place, they could also have gone to another time, maybe 20-30 years backwards in time.

One would also think that Angel's son would look a lot like Angel, and have the same build, and like many of the same things Angel likes. Maybe he would fancy the same broadsword. Maybe he would have similar taste in women.

Also, just because you couldn't open up a rift to the hell-dimension from Earth more than once per century or so, that doesn't mean that you couldn't go somewhere else from it. Perhaps to Pylea.

Remove ads