• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Latest Episode of Angel (SPOILERS)

Florin

First Post
The idea of Gru being Connor is cool, but why would Gru kill SahJahn?

Also, did anyone see the preview for next week's with Cordy lit up like a Christmas tree? I wonder what's up with that!?!?

pensiv

Explorer
Florin said:

Also, did anyone see the preview for next week's with Cordy lit up like a Christmas tree? I wonder what's up with that!?!?

Well, with Cordelia being half-demon, one would expect new powers to emerge. If Cordy is back from vacation, Gru is sure to be in tow. What wouldn't he do for Angel? Gru really looks up to him . . .

Florin

First Post
Okay, assuming that Gru = Conner, that would mean that Gru was raised by Holtz. Why would he look up to Angel? I don't know, I have a really hard time swallowing the idea that Gru = Conner. I think Conner is just someone we haven't seen yet.

A2Z

Explorer
I too think Conner is a new character, however all this talk of Gru is making me think. They just sort of brought him in as sort of a foil to Angel and Cordy's relationship. Maybe there's more to him than that though. I hope we see some interesting development in his character soon. Oh and Fred too (she's so cute :))!

MulhorandSage

First Post
Piratecat said:

Guy, it's clearly labeled. If you see a subject that doesn't interest you, avoid it - but please don't enter the thread solely to criticize it.

Thanks.

With Buffy coming out as its own RPG, it's arguable that Angel is _on-topic_ for this forum, as the show develops a soon-to-be commercially available gaming milleu.

Scott Bennie

Zerovoid

First Post
On the whole, I thought this was a great episode, but I really didn't like the ending. Firstly, I don't think Angel would really try to kill Wesly like that, but it could happen.

More importantly, why would he try to kill Wesly with a pillow? Obviously, Angel could just snap Wesly's neck with a flick of the wrist. The only explanation I could come up with is that he didn't really want to kill Wesly, he just wanted to vent some steam. So what it came off looking like is when a little kid wants something, candy for instance, and his parents tell him no, and he runs at it anyway, and they grab onto him, and he starts shrieking. Angel is supposed to be the sort of uber-cool character that just smacks people down. Ineffictivly trying to kill Wesly with a pillow just doesn't fit this image.

Also, I think it would be funny if Wolfram and Hart take him to court over this, filing assult charges on Wesly's behalf, or something.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Zerovoid said:
More importantly, why would he try to kill Wesly with a pillow?

That bothered me a little bit, and I wasn't able to come up with a completely satisfying explanation. Some weak explanations to choose from:
1) He wasn't really trying to kill Wesley, just vent. This one makes the most sense, even though it's motivationally weak.
2) He wanted Wesley to hear him as he killed him. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense -- why not just reach in and grab a handful of guts? He could pull guts while talking to Wesley.
3) He was out of his mind with rage and grief and acted irrationally. Doesn't make too much sense -- he clearly premeditated the murder, given his calm speech before he went nutso. And why didn't he tear free of the orderlies?
4) He was squeamish. Maybe... it could be that while he wanted to kill Wesley, he for some reason couldn't stand the idea of drawing his blood.
5) The directors needed some way for him to attempt murder without being the least bit successful. I think I'm gonna go with this one and just not think too much about it -- it was a great, powerful, traumatic scene, and I'm willing to cut them some slack on the plausometer, since it was so fun to watch.

Daniel

Staffan

Legend
Florin said:
Eh... Gru isn't exactly the most sophisticated kind of person. When he hears about SahJahn's dirty deeds (not, as far as we know, done with sheep though) he's liable to get quite miffed on Angel's behalf.

Remove ads