• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Star Trek Nemesis

the Jester

Legend
Wow, it's true about all the even numbered Trek movies being good...

It's hard to be sure right away- some of this might be the fanboy reaction of having just seen it last night- but I think this is one great ST movie! All the main cast members get a chance to shine, even Troi and Beverly; there's a lot of good character developement and the villain is intensely personal.

And the ship to ship fight takes up the last third of the movie!!!

It's the best space battle that a Trek movie has seen- holy crap, the bridge's main screen gets blown out and a crewman gets sucked into space!!

Not to mention that the Romulans are major players in a ST movie at last...

I'm a very hard to please sort of moviegoer, and the longer the flick, the harder it is to please me. I give this one an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Berk

First Post
As with all star trek movies don't over analyze it. I haven't seen it but I know what happens and all. I have a tendency to over analyze things and just from what I heard I was like ok, not possible. But I know from my long life as a star trek fan that I shouldn't over analyze it. =o) Not really gonna pass judgement though until I see it myself.

Brisk-sg

First Post
the Jester said:
All the main cast members get a chance to shine, even Troi and Beverly; there's a lot of good character developement and the villain is intensely personal.

I saw the movie yesterday. I must say it was alot better then I thought it would be from the previews (which made it look rather odd).

But I have to wonder if you saw the same movie. Beverly didn't do anything... I think she had five or six lines of dialogue in the entire movie. The only scenes she is in (that I can recall, I could be wrong):

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS******

1) The Wedding scene that everyone is in (don't think she had any lines here)

2) Sick bay looking at the blood

3) After a main character dies in memory

I can't recall any others.

- Josh

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Five especially.

So what is this Picard Clone deal? How DID Picard's DNA get into Romulan hands?

*please spoil as I doubt I'll see this movie in theaters. The Two Towers, no need to spoil. Read the books and I know what happens. :) *

Tempuswolf

First Post
Berk said:
Don't see how you can think IV was worse than 1, 3, and 5.

Star Trek-The Motion Picture was head-and-shoulders better because the Lt. Ilya-V'ger Probe was a great antagonist, the sequence featuring the three Klingon battlecruisers vs. V'ger was a sublime eye candy, and the resolution, Decker and V'ger's congress/ascension, was great sci-fi, man and machine merging to become something more.

The Search for Spock had marginally better writing than Save The Whales, much better action, and the plot wasn't a thinly disguised preachy message from an overindulged actor turned writer.

The Final Frontier's cheeziness was more to my taste than Save The Whales, give me "Excuse me, but what does God need with a starship?" over "Take me to the nuklear wessels", "Double dumb ass on you", or "Doctor gave me a pill and I grew a new kidney". The deus ex machina in Save The Whales, an unstopple alien whale probe, doesn't excite my imagination as much as the quest for Heaven at the center of the galaxy, either.

Last edited:

EarthsShadow

First Post
I will agree with the original poster that this movie was just cool. I still like the Wrath of Khan more and that will be my all time favorite Star Trek movie, but Nemesis is my second fav now. That space battle was just awesome, and seeing that new Scimitar Warbird take out those two Romulan ships was awesome. Great special effects and during that fight there was no real pause in the action.

Still, Star Trek II is better. I guess it comes from the fact that when I was younger I was more impressionable than I am now.

Remove ads