[Pathfinder] Flames of Littleton

VanorDM

Explorer
Calvin,

You remember hearing/reading somewhere about the Magi Slation who lived in this area used that mark. In fact it was hinted at more then once that he is responsible for the existence of this town.

Some stories say he created it himself, others say he "set up shop" near here and a town grew out of that, or other various reasons. But the common thread is that this town most likely wouldn't of existed if wasn't for Magi Slation.

(ooc: I think I'm going to start using Magi as a title. Sort of like Lord, Barron, or Bishop)

You also remember these stories mentioning that he liked to leave caches in locations he visited often. Books, scrolls, ect... Items he might need but didn't want to carry with him.

Lydia - The aura seems has a strong tone of preservation and protection. As an educated guess, you'd say the stone and what ever is under it was enchanted to protect it from the elements.

(ooc: think magical tuperware)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Calvin tell Lydia what he knows. He then says, " I think we need to tell the others. Do you think we need to dig here? or is there a secret room beneath the Inn with access thereof?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Devos

"I really hope so. I'm not nearly strong enough to lift it."

[sblock=ooc]

Active:

AC 13 (T13, FF10), HP 12/12, F +2,R+2,W+2
0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Guidance
1 Level: Mage Armor, Sleep
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
"I'm sorry to say it. But I think what's been protected is under the stone. I don't think anyone would have gone to the trouble of using protection spells if the contents were in a nice dry cellar. There again, its only a guess so I could be wrong."

Rhun

First Post
"Let me take a look," says Vithralas, joining the others in looking at the stone.

Perception +5, Disable Device +7 to see if there is any way to open the stone.

VanorDM

Explorer
Vithralas, after a bit of study you believe that this is some sort of arcane lock. But based on study of it and other locks like it, you know that if someone with arcane ability follows the pattern correctly, while channeling the proper form of energy, they can unlock it.

Of course what the proper way to follow the pattern and what form of energy to channel is a bit tricky to figure out.

After a bit more study you think you can see what pattern to follow... But it will take more study to figure out what form of energy is needed.

ghostcat

First Post
Assuming that Vithralas points out the arcane lock and its pattern , Lydia will use another Detect magic to see if she can determine the type of energy.

[sblock=OOC]Spellcraft +5[/sblock]

Remove ads