[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

ghostcat

First Post
Angus ignores it when his opponent nods his complement. He leaves that sort of "worthy opponent" BS to paladins. As far as he is concerned a fight is a fight and his aim is to finish it as quickly and cleanly as possible, while trying to minimise his own injuries. These thoughts flash through his head while his reflexes are constructing series of attacks, which he hopes will finally destroy the skeleton.

[sblock=Rolls]Primary Attack, Damage. Secondary Attack, Damage (1d20+15=17, 1d10+10=11, 1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=21)
Second Attack Crit Confirm, Additional Damage (1d20+10=22, 1d20+10=16)[/sblock][sblock=STATS]HP 69/Current HP 58
AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 20
Fort +8 / Ref +5 / Will +3
CMB 11, CMD 24
Sword, Bastard +13/+8 Melee (1d10+8, 19-20/x2)
Speed 20 ft.

Bull Strength
STR: 24
Sword, Bastard +15/+10 Melee (1d10+10, 19-20/x2)[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
@super fast skeletons: I think I may have mis-calculated their move-by attack. In my mind I had them moving in and attacking, then moving out with remaining speed left; failing that, moving in and attacking, then taking a witchdraw action to get out of melee without triggering AoOs. That said, maybe move-by attack doesn't make them immune to AoOs!
I may owe the group an AoO each, now that you mention it. I didn't pick up on the comment; but they're designed to go in, make an attack, then run back and make you guys move to them.

If you've been moving the attack, the firs thing the skeletons would do is attack and then withdraw-action to move back. The people who've been waiting for them to close would have gotten an AoO each time this happened. Jack, who's been closing in on them each round, would be on the other side of the sarcophagi by this point, and may have gotten AoOs on other skeletons moving around there. I think I over-estimated how far a skeletal champion can move in a withdraw action!

Can everyone roll an AoO vs. a Skeleton for me? Just to catch up. :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ah, that makes sense. And after re-reading I discovered I did a full attack action with Jack on the first round that wouldn't have been possible with his movement. So I'll forego the AoO and leave it to you to adjust the damage if you choose to do so. Thanks for the clarification.[/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ragnor Drakechild

As the skeleton backs away Ragnor catches it off guard with a significant attack.

[sblock] Natural 20 to hit ac 29 for 23 dmg. Roll Lookup But fails on the confirmation with a 10, oh the extra plus 3 is from the spell vs metal users. Roll Lookup.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think I should only get my second attack as part of a full round attack. If so, can I use my second (crit) attack as my AoO. If not, I'll roll again.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
@Jack: you reduce what remains of the skeleton you'd been fighting, to dust and bones.

@Ragnor: You hit! In fact, thanks to your massive damage, the entire party is treated to the sight of an [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawB0MxUJ8g]EXPLODING SKELETON![/ame] ... wait, that's not enough... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3-wbk25mQ]This is more like it[/ame].
The room smells of charred bone, fried dust, and sweaty spellcaster... with a faint essence of dragon-stench thrown in there for kicks.

The other skeletons shake their boney fists while awaiting whatever the rest of the party will do to them.

grufflehead

First Post
Panic grips the young woman as not only do her arrows appear to bounce harmlessly from the skeletal warrior, but it strides towards her and slashes a deep gash in her arm. Sweat beads on her forehead and a short, strangled gasp escapes from her mouth. Stepping away from the next swing, she draws and fires again, hoping that at such short range she might punch a hole in the armour and stop her foe from ending her life.

[sblock=Actions]
More of the same, not a lot of options left...

Full attack, rapid shot, deadly aim

Attack #1 - 1d20+9=29

Confirmation roll - 1d20+9=25

Damage #1 - 11+2d8+20=40

OOC - a x3 crit multiplier, I kept the original damage roll of 1 and added the extras

Attack #2 - 1d20+9=15

Damage #2 - 1d8+10=18

Attack #3 - 1d20+4=24

Confirmation roll - 1d20+4=15 - normal hit only

Damage #3 - 1d8+10=12
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I don't think skeletons are immune to precision damage or critical hits anymore...

On another note, where are we in the round? Have we all gone and are we ready for a new round? It's a bit unclear to me where things are now.[/sblock]

Remove ads