[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Okay, how? With your fist? With a barrage of spoken-word poetry? Let's hear it.

OOC: assuming there are stones in the ground, in any case I will go where there is a stone in the first place

Julius sets down the stone and takes out one of his daggers and smashes the gem with the hilt. If this does not work he will take out his longsword and try to smash it with that hilt, which would be bigger and stronger.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
done, I do not think that the damage will be enough to break it, so i will roll for longsword attack and damage

EDIT: longsword was a critical, so I will roll to confirm and then the damage will be 16 if I can confirm

fireinthedust

Explorer
The Gem: Okay, so you do some damage to the Gem; however the gemstone is fairly hard. You're impressed that you could do anything with even a longsword, as this is basically a rock the size of a cantaloupe.

The Scholar starts freaking out, and grabs you about the shoulders. Are you insane?! You'll destroy the Gem! Give it to me! And with that he lunges for it, reaching to grab it in his hand.

Angus: Do you throw the stone to the door the Swarm is coming out of, or the hole between the pillars you'd planned on leaving through?

ghostcat

First Post
Angus considers using the stone to clear the exit from the temple but decides that he could catch his friends in the blast as they try to escape. Instead, he throws the stone towards the door the Swarm is pouring out of.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Angus: You throw the bead. It strikes the swarm and bursts with blue and white light. There is a rush of frigidly cold wind, and a light frost on the stone where the bead landed. While the swarm isn't dead, there is a wide space where many of its parts fled from, and several dead husks of its members lying there. The blast affected it more than the single-weapon attacks of other members of the party.

[sblock=Angus] You've snapped in some small way. The sight of the swarm, the brief glimpse of them illuminated by the burst of the bead, will haunt you the rest of your days. Something about them is suddenly very compelling: you don't want to attack or destroy them, just watch them as they crawl and devour. You'll have to force yourself to do anything other than be fascinated by them for this encounter.

Will save please, or be fascinated.

Also: please roll 1d4-1 to see how many rounds you're nauseated for. I'm adding the -1 to account for this round, the result meaning how many more rounds this will last.[/sblock]

Everyone: Could everyone who's nauseated please roll 1d4? This will include this round.

Also: I just bought the GameMastery Guide, and they have rules for chase scenes. If you really wanted to flee the area instead of standing and fighting, I could whip up a quick chase. If you lot win, you escape the swarm (and wow, that's a cool rules subset!).

If not, we can keep going the standard route, round-by-round.

And can I have some updates on how everyone's doing? Like, HP, etc?

Remove ads