• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape - Dead God Rising ~OOC

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Once again i find myself confused :( The pipes provide concealment (bonuses to AC) while they should (hopefully for you) be flat-footed (penalties to AC) which should cancel out

Thanee

First Post
Heh, sorry. I know it wasn't exactly obvious what I meant...

If the pipes provide cover, that is a +4 bonus to AC. In order to cancel that out (completely), they need to be rather agile (Dex 18). :p

And I was only kidding there, anyways. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
it wasnt an exact thing and on worry none of them are Dex 18 :) though ill rule that the pipes only provide +2 AC (its not very thick cover)

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I had expected, that you would not give them the full cover bonus there. As I said, I was just kidding. :)

Bye
Thanee

A'koss

Explorer
I'm feeling a little bad for Dire Lemming's character here (Kryan). Here's a guy who wants to get the job done with as little bloodshed as possible... surrounded by (at least several) PCs who probably prefer to things just the opposite. :lol:

I've also noticed our PC's employer appears to lean on the good side of the street and I'm wondering if this adventure should have been looking to recruit more "good" adventurers.

The initial recruitment line for the adventure looked like this...

"The first idea (and the main one im concentrating on for now) is the moraly ambiguous one, where neutral characters fit in best. mercenaries, sell-swords, and generally characters who do not give a flying-monkey's arse about who they work for and who theryre opposing."

And that's how I've been looking at it up until now. Now I'm afraid Tyrjon and Noch are going to get the party fired before we even get out of these sewers! :lol: I have no problem leaning Tyrjon more towards the light but with his current alignment "sparing" the enemy is only worthwhile if he gets something out of it. And in his eyes, the fewer enemies he leaves alive in their wake the better.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well, I think Noch's been slowly converting our 'cleric' employer. First he hated Noch for his bloodthirstiness, and now he's almost pointing out targets... hmmm... maybe Noch can start a church and convert him as first priest.

Noch only really goes after people he feels is a threat. That's why he knocked out the guy who surrendered earlier.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
my original recruitment requirements still stand, its just the first PC oes not really fit inwith that idea. Same with Dire Lemming's character, who i brought in to bring in a bit of some moral balanacing, though... he's having a hard time now i'll admit, though there will be many many opportunities for him to do something later on where the tongue will be a better choice than the fist.

I'll intorduce more opportunities for variation in reslving encounter later on. admittedly, these first two did lean towards the combat side

A'koss

Explorer
Sounds good Nalf... :)

And just to let everyone know, I'll be away Sept. 3-5 on holidays. Feel free to NPC Tyrjon if necessary.

... maybe Noch can start a church and convert him as first priest.
With sufficient communal chocolate chip & pecan cookies and libations of 12-15 yr old Glenmorangie you could get Tyrjon to join. :cool:

Remove ads