D&D (2024) Playtest 7 survey is now live.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You are not the only one voting, so you have little influence on where it ends up either way.
Yep. I need enough people voting dissatisfied to hit 60%-69%. ;)
ha, you are more optimistic about what happens with those changes than I am. I expected them to be reiterated now, and anything that isn't / wasn't is tossed out for good, not something they revisit for 2024's Xanathar in 2026 or whenever.
I think it depends on where it ends up. 70%+ and they just accept it and move on. 60%-69% and either it gets included if they don't have anything better and can't cut it, or it gets cut. Either way I think they revisit it at a later time.

But maybe I do think too highly of them. I can't compromise myself just in case they don't do the above, though.
I meant things that were in 2014 5e and got changed in Xanathar / Tasha
Yeah. I understood. What I'm saying is that I don't remember any of those changes being playtested before they were included in Xanathar's, but then I wasn't paying as close of attention then, either. You'd have to have someone who was answer that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If it gets only 70% they said that's a sign it still needs improvement but is a concept they will work to improve. It's if it gets below 70% that they start to not even work on it. This is in Crawford's fairly recent video talking about this topic.
70% is a V grade, they aren't even looking for universal acceptance.

The Old Crow

Explorer
Just a reminder that the survey closes on October 5th. Not sure if that means end Wednesday night or still open through Thursday, so if you want to get your opinions in, do so as soon as possible!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If it gets only 70% they said that's a sign it still needs improvement but is a concept they will work to improve. It's if it gets below 70% that they start to not even work on it. This is in Crawford's fairly recent video talking about this topic.
I think I remember them saying that below 60% is the cutoff where they shelve the idea completely. Between 60% and 70% it’s worth working on to see if they can get it up to 70% (but presumably they still cut it if they can’t). Between 70% and 80% they consider it good enough to keep but could use some iteration to try and improve it. 80% and up they consider good enough to try to keep as close to the form that was shown in the playtest as possible.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Regardless, if everyone votes satisfied even when they are dissatisfied, then it gets 100% and is not worked on. 70%, 80%, these only matter if people vote their conscience. It's only by those who are unsatisfied saying so that we will see the satisfied percentage drop and let them know that they need to work on it. And quite frankly, if too many vote unsatisfied because they are unsatisfied and it hits a percentage that indicates they won't work on it, it probably shouldn't be worked on.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Regardless, if everyone votes satisfied even when they are dissatisfied, then it gets 100% and is not worked on. 70%, 80%, these only matter if people vote their conscience. It's only by those who are unsatisfied saying so that we will see the satisfied percentage drop and let them know that they need to work on it. And quite frankly, if too many vote unsatisfied because they are unsatisfied and it hits a percentage that indicates they won't work on it, it probably shouldn't be worked on.
My man, nothing gets 100%. Nothing. Crawford said they look first to see if they meet a threshold and then look at the ratings on individual abilities and then specific comments. They have in fact seen positive overall rating and then negative individual abilities ratings and taken from that the concept is good they just need to improve the particulars and went on to do so. They've spelled out this is how they operate. You don't have to play by the rules they lay out for how to get your ideas to win but don't complain later that you lost the game you were playing.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
My man, nothing gets 100%. Nothing.
No kidding, and it doesn't get 100% because those like me don't vote the opposite of how they feel. ;)
Crawford said they look first to see if they meet a threshold and then look at the ratings on individual abilities and then specific comments. They have in fact seen positive overall rating and then negative individual abilities ratings and taken from that the concept is good they just need to improve the particulars and went on to do so. They've spelled out this is how they operate. You don't have to play by the rules they lay out for how to get your ideas to win but don't complain later that you lost the game you were playing.
Right. They need the negative ratings to know whether the concept is good and needs improvement or whether it should be scrapped. That's why it's so freaking important for people to vote correctly and not the opposite of how they feel. If we took your advice then there would be the positive overall rating and also the positive individual ratings, so why would they try to improve on something that passed so overwhelmingly?

Remove ads