• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Playtest 7 survey is now live.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I mean, TBH, it feels like they are getting close to being done with the last two batches.
I agree, but I think they are sacrificing feedback opportunities to get there. I mean, obviously they have a timeline to keep, so it makes sense they’d have to cut it off somewhere. But I do wish more of this process had been spent on fine-tuning instead of on spaghetti-flinging.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I agree, but I think they are sacrificing feedback opportunities to get there. I mean, obviously they have a timeline to keep, so it makes sense they’d have to cut it off somewhere. But I do wish more of this process had been spent on fine-tuning instead of on spaghetti-flinging.
UA is a spaghetti-flinging medium: the fine tuning will happen as they playtest and gather real play data.

yeah the answer might lie in a warlock specific "tenser's transformation" like effect, where the warlock can gain a lot of this martial juice at the cost of a spell. Its not perfect, some would still scream that the warlock can do everything a fighter can do + spells, but at least they would have to give up spell power to gain martial strength.

Although honestly if they went back to 2 attacks it might be fine. I mean the bladelock gets lots of cool stuff, every weapon mastery, different damage types, auto use of charisma on attack and damage, never disarmed, its a pretty solid list already.
I don't think Warlock needs 3 pact blade attacks. Getting proficiency and masteries for their 2 attacks is fine, compared to getting 4 Eldritch Blasts at high levels.

It's not EB that their melee effectiveness needs to be balanced against. It's the other melee classes.

The other melee classes would also need a 3rd attack at 11th in order for the Warlock to get it. Is the Warlock a good enough reason to overtune the warrior classes a bit further? Is that an inappropriate power level for the game? The Fighter would still the only class with 4 attacks at high level. Is that enough of a difference between them and the other warriors if they got a 3rd attack?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Worth noting that the survey is closing on October 5th, which has means only 2 weeks. Wonder if we are going to sew a faster turnaround on the next two UA to finish up the PHB tests by end of year?
They will also have information on how quickly people fill out the survey. If they get 95% of their responses in the first two weeks, shortening the time gives them meaningfully comparative data and more time to work with it to make fixes.

Scribe

Legend
Is it possible to take the survey multiple times, each time for a different section?

I think it used to be, I'm not sure if its account locked now. I'm going to go back and check later if I can add the Warlock section (I really want my Int or Wis or Cha option).

Remove ads