D&D 5E [Poll] Are Dragonmark races allowed in your game?

Are Dragonmark races allowed in your game?

• No, because they are too powerful

Votes: 0 0.0%

Merudo

Explorer
Eberron: Rising from the Last War introduces Dragonmarked races.

These marked races have an expended spell list, along with some minor magical abilities.

The races added are

Dwarf: Warding
Elf: Shadow
Gnome: Scribing
Half-elf: Detection, Storm
Halfling: Healing, Hospitality
Human, Half-orc: Finding
Human: Handling, Making, Passage, Sentinel

Are these races allowed in your game? Why or why not?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Not typically, since they’re a specific element of the Eberron setting and I don’t typically run adventures set in Eberron. If I was running a game set in Eberron, I would allow them.

It’s kinda like asking if you allow characters from Krypton in your game… Krypton doesn’t exist in most D&D games I’ve run, but if it did I would certainly allow characters to be from there.

Lyxen

Great Old One
They were allowed in our Eberron campaign (but not the others as they don't make much sense elsewhere), although not all of them since some o the houses were central to the intrigue and it was therefore better not to have members of these houses in the campaign. Anyway, as the campaign was a lot about Vol and various bizarre marks, most of the characters had those bizarre marks instead of house ones.

Horwath

Legend
I dont mind them anywhere.

You as a DM can aways find lore to put them in your world if players are interested in playing them.

Maybe in FR, human dragonmarks can be major families of Waterdeep, or shadow elf can be some offshoot of drows or half-drow/half surface elf hybrid.

Royal families of dwarves can always show their "dragonmarks" as marks of Moradin and use that to hold onto power.

Remove ads