• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E (Poll for those buying 4ed only!) How old are you?

If buying 4e, how old are you?

• 12 or under

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 13-19

Votes: 19 3.0%
  • 20-29

Votes: 236 37.7%
  • 30-39

Votes: 282 45.0%
  • 40-49

Votes: 80 12.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 1.0%

JohnSnow

Hero
I'm 35, and I've been playing D&D since forever. The first edition I owned was the Moldvay/Cook basic set, followed by the expert rules, which were quickly replaced by 1st Edition. I converted to 2e, then 3e, and finally 3.5, although I didn't always have a gaming group, and I tried out a lot of other systems along the way (d6 Star Wars, Top Secret, Shadowrun, Hero System, Alternity, Palladium...).

I'll be dragging a group of old 1e gamers and some people totally new to D&D (like my wife, who's 24) into my Fourth Edition game.

As an aside, I've always thought the boxed set should be a restricted choice subset of the books to serve as an introduction for new players. From what I've heard, with Fourth Edition, they might finally be doing just that.

JohnSnow said:
As an aside, I've always thought the boxed set should be a restricted choice subset of the books to serve as an introduction for new players. From what I've heard, with Fourth Edition, they might finally be doing just that.

Well, I read somewhere that there will be an "introductory boxed set" with simplified rules, tiles, dice and minis in one package aimed to younger, first-time players.

It didn't work for TSR, but Hasbro has stronger marketing-fu, and is a bigger name on toy and department stores, so who knows...

itcom

First Post
34, male, white, middle class business owner

Started playing with the boxes (red, white, gold) at around 8 and have played and DMed every edition since. Looking forward to 06-06! :D

habaal

First Post
I'll be 18 in july, started playing AD&D in 1997, DM since 2004.

Actually, everyone I know stopped playing around the ages of 18 to 21, 'couse recruitment to the army is obligatory in Israel.
Most israeli roleplayers return to good ole HackN'Slash when we're released from duty, though :cool: .

Sooooooo......
Guess I don't fit in the Middle-Aged White American Store-Owner demographic per se, but then again, we all speak the same language:
Manchkin-Speak! :D

Come to think of it, I'll be recruited about a month after I get 4E.
Damn you, IDF! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!! MAY ALL YOUR FEMALE OFFICERS WITH BREASTS BECOME DRAGONBORN!!!

Oh, wait, really bad idea here. ;)

VBMEW-01

First Post
I guess the fact that I hit the big three-oh on Memorial Day (I'm still recovering) puts me in the top demographic. Coolness.

Well I've played since second edition (my Mom was a strict Christian lady before then and believed what she had heard until I taught her reason). I kinda began losing interest late into 3.5, but 4.0 has got me as excited as I was back in the day again.

Keep it coming WoTC! I want to be rolling initiative in a senior center one fine day!

kennew142

First Post
I'm 42 and so's my wife. We've pre-ordered one complete set from Amazon and one PHB from Borders. We can't wait to play.

We have three children, and still manage to play weekly (my wife) and semi-weekly (me). We'll be teaching the twins (age 8) how to play this summer, but theb youngest (age 5 will probably have to wait a while).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads