Powers Scaling and a change in silo

Toras

First Post
As I was thinking about how the way martial exploits beyond at-will are handled, I realized that I could probably be happy with a bit of tweak to how this is done as it would match the logic of how the martial exploits are being described.

My idea was to have the number of Encounter/Dailies act as sorcerer spells did in the previous edition. I would have them pick their powers and then when they gain a new power, they can pick a new one and they gain an additional slot. There are no levels, just you can use X Encounters per encounter and X Dailies per Day.

I recognize that I might have to do the same for the rest of the classes in order to make the lower level powers viable I would need to make sure they scaled in some manner.

However this would fit the fatigue and any other usage explanations much better. And it would also mean that you don't forget things that you've learned, but may not use them as often if you know a better technique.

keterys

First Post
I recognize that I might have to do the same for the rest of the classes in order to make the lower level powers viable I would need to make sure they scaled in some manner.

Other way around, you'd need to nerf all the higher level abilities to prevent them from being used over and over again.

Toras

First Post
Why couldn't you simply have the damage of the lower level spells scale upward with level? Since damage seems to be major balancing factor, wouldn't that lead to people using what they need in a situation. Like using a Ray rather than a Blast if you have party in the area or deciding which additional effect was needed?

Remove ads