Rando Recommendations: What Pop Culture Thing Do You Recommend (Not Geek Media)

Mallus

Legend
I guess it's time for me to watch Letterkenny. Friends have been recommending it for awhile, mainly for all the things the characters do to the English language.

I'll second Booksmart. It manages to be very funny without ever being cruel, which seems damn hard for a film set in high school.

Mindhunter on Netflix is great. Who knew the guy who sang George III in Hamilton was such a good actor? (probably people who were paying attention...).

Ryujin

Legend
I've mentioned it before, but I can't watch Lettekenny. Remove the modern conveniences like cell phones and it's where I grew up. It's based in small town Ontario, Canada, and the language used, characters, and situation are far too close to the truth. It would be like having grown up in a specific Manhattan neighbourhood and then being subjected to Seinfeld.

TwoSix

Unserious gamer
I guess it's time for me to watch Letterkenny. Friends have been recommending it for awhile, mainly for all the things the characters do to the English language.
Just a note if you watch Letterkenny; the third episode ("Fartbook") is widely regarded by fans as the weakest episode in the show's entire run. Don't give up on the show if you hate that episode, it quickly rebounds after that.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4