D&D General "Red Orc" American Indians and "Yellow Orc" Mongolians in D&D

My point is paying someone the going rate to do that kind of work on 40 years of old material is probably not in line with the sort of sales that material gets annually. If it's going to cost them most/all/more than their profits from a book to have a reader provide feedback, they may decide the cost isn't worth it. Unless their is a backlash large enough to bite into their current book sales or the costs are minimal compared to expected revenue, I don't see them doing any more than the current generic advisory they have now.

It sucks, but it's Econ 101.
It is super good that they use sensitivity readers for material they're currently producing so that things are better going forwards, but frankly, sensitivity reading mostly forgotten decades old material is an utter waste of time.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My point is paying someone the going rate to do that kind of work on 40 years of old material is probably not in line with the sort of sales that material gets annually. If it's going to cost them most/all/more than their profits from a book to have a reader provide feedback, they may decide the cost isn't worth it. Unless their is a backlash large enough to bite into their current book sales or the costs are minimal compared to expected revenue, I don't see them doing any more than the current generic advisory they have now.

Depending on the market demographics, it might buy that much good will and advertising.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)

There are a lot of things that go against basic Econ 101 that businesses still do anyway because it's right. It sure as hell isn't cheaper for anyone to reduce their impact on the environment, but a lot of companies are still doing it (and often above regulatory standards). The cynic might attribute that to good PR, but I like to believe that people are basically good and want to do the right thing, when you get down to it.

The position I am envisioning is more PR-focused anyways; someone who can interact with fan concerns in a much more immediate and personal manner, which is not something WotC has been very good at, generally (except for rules questions I guess?). Knocking out the back catalog archives can take place over time and in the background.

Zardnaar

Legend
These are actually not at all popular strategies anymore (at least not in the U.S., where support for the idea has been waning for years) because they have created an explosion of exploitative prisons and outrageously racist judicial outcomes. We're trying to figure out our way out of this mess now.

"Defund the police", btw, isn't "fistfights in the streets"; it's "how about instead of buying the PD another tank we spend the money on... I don't know, mental health care, addiction treatment, and houselessness support?"
(For those outside the U.S., yes some of our police departments have tanks. No, I don't get it either.)

This all outside the purview of this thread however.

It's completely crazy. Cops here don't even carry guns as a general rule. It was a shock seeing them with bushmaster rifles in 2019 on the streets.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
They have assured us those are only for shooting the swarms of wild boars that plague this country.
We joke, but swarms of wild boards are legitimately no joke dangerous and terrifying, and do exist in certain parts of the country.

This write-up is actually spot on
30-50-feral-hogs-e1565246604458.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases