• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Reply if you love 4e

Tymophil

Explorer
D&D 4 is my favourite edition as a DM, by far. The system is so DM friendly that the adventures really write themselves. In all other incarnations, I was wearing out very quickly when writing a campaign.
In D&D4 each and every idea that pops in my mind can translate into fun for both me and my players. It certainly was not the case with D&D3, where NPC/Monster building was tiresome, time consuming and fun killing experience.
Writing an investigation scenario is a breeze. A social interaction scene is always easy to write and fun to play (as each and every player can interact). Puzzles never stop the action (thanks to skill challenge format)...
Now, if combat was a little quicker, I would be a happier camper.

Lord Ernie

First Post
I've been running a 4th Campaign from nearly day 1 (it took a few weeks to set up), and both me and my players have been having a blast. It's an incredible ease to DM compared to older editions, and the new additions others in this thread have already remarked on (powers for everyone, skill challenges, minions) allow for so many scenarios we'll be going for years still before we run out of ideas (or get to Epic, heh).

Other new mechanics (streamlining of the system, healing surges, etc.) have turned the game into a unified system, rather than a whole bunch of subsystems put together into one game.

For all its flaws (of which there are quite a few), I believe I made the most important part of my statement in my first sentence: 4e has just been loads of fun for everyone involved.

Raith5

Adventurer
I've played every edition of D&D since 1982, and I reckon 4e is a great game. It certainly plays far better than it reads IMO and there are few things that could be a touch smoother (rituals come to mind) but the various classes seems to contribute in a distinctive and fun way at the table.

jbear

First Post
I'll show some love.

For 3 years of unforgettable adventures through realms of breathtaking imagination and savage danger, forged in good times with great friends.

4e provides what I want and need in a game system; a solid, slick machine to base my imagination and creativity upon, one where I don't need to go back to the book to check things, one where my players feel like heroes not zeros from the get go.

Very positive experience right here.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I love 4th edition, I think it is the best implementation of D&D yet.
I love to DM it and I love that one can play for several sessions and not crack open a book to look up a rule.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I love 4e for bringing tactical depth to combat.

I love 4e for removing a lot of non-combat rules from the game, handing such situations back to players and DM.

I love 4e for replacing "balance over a whole campaign" with "balance at every level".

I love 4e for its simple, fast preparation.

I love 4e for the way it enables handing over in-combat management to the computer.

I love 4e and DDI for enabling me to stay up-to-date without much effort.

I love 4e for the grewat tasting steaks we made out of the slewn Holy Cows.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads