D&D 5E Revel's End... magi-tech that jumps the shark!

MarkB

Legend
Apparently the prison in Honor Among Thieves IS Revel's End.
So, WotC are doing a stealth tie-in? They really need to work on their marketing.

Either way, I'm happy for Revel's End to be getting some more attention. Plot-wise it was one of most interesting and yet least well-developed locations in Rime of the Frostmaiden.

Oofta

Legend
Haven't had a chance to read this, but it would all fit right in for my campaign. The stagnant pseudo medieval setting with no magic outside of adventurers never made sense to me. I don't go to Eberron levels of magi-tech, but interactive illusions? A magical control panel? Pretty par for the course. If it bothers you, it's easy to change the fluff.

So it's a matter of taste and preference. The game hasn't jumped the shark just because it doesn't stick with old school Gygaxian dungeons. There is far worse, more nonsensical imagery in older mods.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So, WotC are doing a stealth tie-in? They really need to work on their marketing.

Yep. It seems so. I've seen a lot of missed "no-brainer" cross-promotion lately - like when the first Wonder Woman movie was out, DC had nearly all Wonder-Woman related graphic novels out of print. I'm getting pretty jaded on the subject.

Remove ads