• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revenge of the Sith a flop?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hudson Hawk was a surprisingly entertaining movie. It's not high drama, it's not particularly deep, it's just fun, and worth seeing. It's in the same category as the original Rush Hour for me, or Demolition Man - just fun to watch.

John Crichton

First Post
mojo1701 said:
One thing I think they should do is hire ushers to kick out the rowdy kids that come in and spoil a movie. Or hit-men. Either way, to get the job done.
I'm cool with that.

If I knew enough big dudes I'd start a service called Theater Enforcers. The only fee would be to pay for them to get in plus a soda. These fine fellows would calmly approach the offending butt-munches, issue one warning and then remove them. They could even wear cheezy badges so potential annoyers will have been given due notice.

I'd pay for that. :)

Or simply give the ushers low-volt tazers. Incapacitate loud folks for a few minutes while still staying conscious and able to enjoy the feature. Everyone weens.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Crimson_Manticore said:
Edit2: On a side note, it is very interesting to note that in actual number of tickets sold, each SW movie has done WORSE than all of its predecessors, with the exception of RotS, which has already sold more tickets than AotC.

Edit3: Of course, that is including the ticket sales from the re-release of the original trilogy.

It should have sold more! Heck, I bought six, repeat SIX, tickets for this one!! :confused: Four for me and two for my friend to see it on different dates.

KidCthulhu

First Post
I don't know about a flop, but I have noticed that in my area there are a lot of TV and radio ads saying "Go see RotS". The approach seems to be "You've seen all the others. You won't be complete until you've seen the final one."

This leads me to believe that regardless of income, some advertizing agency somewhere has been given the mandate to get folks into this movie, and to use an approach which will specifically target folks who aren't seeing it for one reason or another.

Interesting....

Rackhir

Explorer
One thing that really struck me about the comercials for RotS, was how bad they were. In fact I'd say they were some of the worst comercials I'd ever seen especially for a movie. They seemed to me like they'd handed the job to some second year art college student. They were very crude and amaturistic. Anyone else get that impression from them?

Remove ads