gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord the Forgotten

Character Name: Mord
[Sblock]Player: Gargoyleking
Race: Aasimar(Fallen)
Class: Warlock
Background: Criminal

Mord was once a sort of royalty in the distant City-State he was born into. There, Aasimar are treated almost as a step away from godhood. They were always trained into some form of religious or political profession and many became clerics or paladins. But mord always resented the restrictions that came with both his title and expectations. He always did his best to escape the monotony of his life and soon found himself embroiled in the intrigues of the under-city. Eventually he was caught up in a major cult and subsequent scandal and rather than face the embarrassment of having to imprison one of their own, the government quietly exiled him and scrubbed all records regarding his original identity. Mord has always hidden his true name since, wishing only to do what he pleases and not caring for his 'celestial' hertitage.

Mord's true form hasn't been seen in nearly a decade. The image that he meticulously exerts is a stark contrast of pale skin and dark hair and clothing at all times. In fact, the only source of color to be found about him are his eyes, which are an almost frosty blue color. He wears studded leather armor, which he regularly rubs down with charcoal to keep it as dark as possible. Hanging from his left hip is a mostly ceremonial sickle and a wand.

Max HP: 45
AC: 14
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 11 (60 ft. Darkvision)
Move: 30 ft.
Size: Medium

Abil(Bonus)[Save]
Str: 10(0)
Dex: 14(+2)
Con: 12(+1)
Int: 12(+1)
Wis: 12(+1)[+4]
Cha: 16(+3)[+6]

Other Prof:
Lang: Common, Celestial
Armor: Light
Weap: Simple
Tools: Thieving Tools
Gaming: Cards

Attacks: (Weap(range), To Hit, Damage(type), Other
Eldritch Blast (120), RSA+6, 1d10+3, Spell
Chill Touch(120), RSA+6, 1d8 (Necrotic), Spell (Target can't regain HP until start of next turn. Vs Undead causes DA on attack rolls against caster until end of next turn.
Sickle, +5, 1d4+2(S), Light
Sling(30/120), +5, 1d4+2(B)

Aasimar (Fallen)
Abil: Cha +2, Str +1
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 ft.
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Celestial Resistance: Resistance to Necrotic+Radiant damage
Healing Hands: (Action) Touch creature, regains HP=your level. Recover(LR)
Light Bearer: Know "Light" Cantrip, Abil=Cha
Subrace: Fallen
Necrotic Shroud: (Action) Duration (1 minute)
Eyes turn "pools of darkness", grow flightless wings "skeletal, ghostly"
On transformation: Other creatures within 10ft. makes Cha save DC (8+P+Cha) (xx) or become frightened of you until end of your next turn.
During effect, Deal extra necrotic damage (level) to one target when you deal damage with an attack or spell.
Recharge: (LR)
Background: Criminal (Spy)
Criminal Contact
Warlock:
Otherworldly Patron: The Great Old One
Pact Magic:
Spell Attack: +6, Spell Save DC: 14
Cantrips: (3)
Eldritch Blast, Chill Touch, True Strike, Guidance (BoS), Mage Hand(BoS), Minor Illusion(BoS)
Spell Slots: (2)
Spells Known: (7)
Hex(8 hrs), Cloud of Daggers(6d4 dmg), Shatter (4d8), Vampiric Touch, Hunger of Hadar, Counterspell, Banishment, Dimension Door
Spell Slot Level: (4)
Eldritch Invocations:
Invocations Known: (4)
Agonizing Blast(+Cha to EB dmg), Mask of Many Faces(Disguise Self, at-will), Book of Ancient Secrets(Comp Lang, Identify), Devil's Sight(120 ft. See in mundane and magical darkness as normal.
Pact Boon: Pact of the Tome
Patron provides Grimoire called "Book of Shadows." Choose 3 cantrips from any class list. While the book is on warlocks person, they can cast any of the cantrips chosen. They don't count against Cantrips Known limit.
Ability Improvement: Feat
Feat: Warcaster
- Gain Adv. on Con saves to maintain concentration on a spell when taking damage.
- Can perform Somatic Components of spells even when you have a weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
- When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Equipment:
Studded Leather 45
Wand 10
Sickle 1
Sling 1, Bullets(20) 4cp
Spell Component Pouch 25
Thieve's Tools 25
Book of Shadows
Entertainer's Pack 40
Scroll Case (2) 2
Flask of Alchemist's Fire (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn Asterion

Rogue 3 (Arcane Tricksters) / Wizard (Bladesinger) 4
Half-elf (m), Neutral good
Crimanal

[ ABILITY SCORES ]
Str 8 (-1) Dex 18 (+4) Con 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 12 (+1)

[ PROFICIENCIES ]
Proficiency Bonus +3
Saves Dex +7, Int +5
Skills Acrobatics +7, Arcana +5, Deception +4, History +5, Investigation +5, Perception +4, Performance +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth+10 (passive Perception 14)
Armors & Weapons Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbow, shortsword, longsword, rapier, shortbow
Tools disguise kit +4, one type of gaming set, thieves' tools +10
Languages common, elvish, undercommon, thieves' cant

[ COMBAT ]
hp 48; HD 3d8+4d6
Init +4 ; Speed 30 ft (40ft Bladesong)
AC 17 (Mage armor 13, Dex +4), 19 (Blasdesong Int +2)
Lightblade: Melee : +8 (1d8+5 magic piercing ; finesse)
Shortsword. Melee : +7 (1d6+4 piercing ; finesse, light)
Dagger. Melee : +7 (1d4+4 piercing ; finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60))

[ WIZARD SPELLS ]
Spellcasting Ability Intelligence ; Spells Save DC 13 ; Spells Attack Bonus +5
Daily Spells to prepare 5 ; Slots 4, 3, 2
Known Spells in spellbook 15
- Lvl 0 : fire bolt, Booming Blade, minor illusion, Mage hand, Green Flame Blade, message, Friends
- Lvl 1 : absorb elements, alarm, detect magic, find familiar, fog cloud, grease, shield, sleep, disguise self, charm person, Mage armor
- Lvl 2 : mirror image, flaming sphere, Misty Step

[ FEATURES & TRAITS ]
Expertise * (Stealth, Thieves tools)
Sneak Attack (+2d6)
Cunning Action
Darkvision (60 ft.)
Fey Ancestry
Skill Versatility (Arcana, History)
Criminal Contact
Arcane Recovery
Arcane Tradition Bladesinger
Training in War and Song
Bladesong
Mage Hand Legerdemain

[ EQUIPMENT ]
Lightblade, Rapier, shortsword, dagger (2), studded leather, thieves' tools, backpack, crowbar, hammer, piton (10), tinderbox, rations/1 day (10), waterskin, rope/hempen 50 feet, crowbar, clothes/common, pouch, 15 gp, Potion of Healing (4), Chalk (2 pieces), steel mirror, grappling hook, healer's kit.

Lightblade a +1 rapier with the added property: when you run your hand along the fuller ("blood groove") you can create a light from no light to the light of a candle (5-foot-space) to the light of a lantern (60-foot radius), and whatever brightness you desire in-between.

[ CHARACTER ]
Personality Trait: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Ideals: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.
Flaw: When I see something valuable, I can’t think about anything but how to steal it.

[Mage Hand Legerdemain]
Starting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:

• You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
  • You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
  • You can use thieves’ tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.
You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Perception) check.
In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.

[ BLADESONG ]
While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of+ 1).
  • Your walking speed increases by 10 ft.
  • You have advantage on Acrobatics checks.
  • You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1).

You can use this feature twice. You regain all ex-pended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.

[sblock]
29df5ee28572307a731aa880e9d73993.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Spot for Zander:

df74d282ba8f30e84f9e3749c5cc1372--fantasy-heroes-fantasy-rpg.jpg

Zander
[sblock]
medium humanoid(human), Chaotic Good
fighter 6
Tools: Thieve's Tools, Dragonchess
Feats: Tough, Keen Mind
Senses: passive Perception 10
Languages: Common, Gnomish
Inspiration: none
Background: Criminal (Enforcer)
-Proficiencies with all simple and martial weapons
-Fighting Style: Defense (+1 to AC while wearing armor)
-Second Wind: 1d10+5, per short/long rest
-Action Surge: 1 per short/long rest
-Extra Attack: Attack action allows for 2 attacks, instead of 1
-Martial Archtype: Champion
-Improved Critical, score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20
-Ability Score Improvement: took optional feat (Keen Mind), +2 STR
-longsword
-handaxes(2)
-javelins(3)
-dungeoneer's pack
--backpack
--crowbars(2)
--hammer
--pitons (10)
--torches(10)
--rations(10)
--tinderbox
--waterskin
-rope 50'(hempen)
-common clothes w/hood (dark)
-belt pouch
--12gp
--trinket: tiny silver bell without a clapper[/sblock]

[sblock]
Description:
-Height: 6'0"
-Weight: 198lbs
-Sex: Male
-Hair: Brown (short)
-Eyes: Brown
-Scars: Many minor scars across arms, torso, and back.

Personal Characteristics:
-Personality Trait: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
-Personality Trait: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
-Ideal: When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. I will never do so again.
-Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me. (i.e. The Badger)
-Flaw: If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.

Background:
After spending four years in a military prison for desertion, Zander found himself on the streets penniless and without hope. Left to stealing to survive he found himself back in prison for another year. It was in the dungeons that he met The Badger, an old gnomish thief that would become his mentor and only friend.

Released together the two took to The Badger's old hideout in the sewers. In the following days Zander learned to use his mind along with his muscles to accomplish his goals. The two never made enough gold to leave the sewers, stealing only food, books, and a dragonchess game. Zander later realized that this was because The Badger was teaching him a lot more than lockpicking and burglary during all his lessons. The tough lesson came when The Badger told Zander that experience is the greatest of teachers, and he must leave his comforts to experience and learn from the world.

A forlorn Zander packed up his meager belongs, savings, and a notice from the Wizard Imani requesting men-at-arms, scouts, and "other able-bodied persons" to earn gold in his grand undertaking, and set out for a life of adventure.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads