• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

kinem

Adventurer
"Perhaps he can fly. Delkat, what can you tell us about vampires? Of course, like anyone else he might have magic items or other talents that give him other abilities."

Rhun

First Post
Xavian finds nothing that would indicate that there is a secret or concealed portal anywhere in the near vicinity.

Rhun

First Post
NPCing for S@squ@tch

"To the best of my knowledge, a vampire cannot simply fly. However, my studies would indicate that they have the means to change their form, and could assume the shape of a bat, or perhaps even a cloud of mist."

NPCing for [MENTION=42885]s@squ@tch[/MENTION]...hopefully he doesn't mind.

kinem

Adventurer
"I see. Do your studies suggest that they have any other abilities? The more we know the better, and the time to mention any little detail you can think of is now."

Rhun

First Post
Delkat thinks a moment before he answers. "Vampires are deadly and cunning foes. They can drain the blood of their victims, and if they kill you in this way you will rise again as a vampire yourself. And just their touch is capable of draining the life force from you. They can change their form, and summon the creatures of the night to their aid: rats, bats, and wolves. It is said that they can only be harmed by silver or magic weapons, they are resistant to cold and lightning, and they heal quickly from any wounds inflicted upon them. The only way to destroy such a creature is to expose them to direct sunlight, immersing them in running water, or by plunging a wooden stake through its heart." Delkat grasps his holy symbol for a moment as he considers. "They retain any skills they knew from their lives, such as fighting prowess and magical aptitude, and it is said that some ancient vampires have further abilities, unique to each individual."

Rhun

First Post
"I do not believe so," answers Delkat.

The Daylight spell won't hurt a vampire, but I'm sure there are some actual "sunlight" type spells out there somewhere that might.

Rhun

First Post
As you near the end of the corridor, you see that the spiral staircase goes both up and down.

Please excuse my horribly-drawn spiral stairs. :)

--- MAP ---

Attachments

• Ravenloft_Main Floor_Map_3a.xls
    217.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Delkat

Delkat pauses a moment, then sends a prayer to the heavens for protection in this foul place -- his prayer is answered, and a shimmering bubble appears around him, gathering in intensity, then exploding outwards, disappearing, although those near him still feel some residual positive energy.

OOC: cast Magic Circle vs. Evil - duration - 1 hr.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads