D&D Movie/TV RUMOUR: Netflix interested in developing a BALDUR'S GATE adaptation

Thought this was interesting. Adapting the BG games (3 core games + expansion, 3 DA BG games, plus TTRPG source material) will be one hell of a hard job. I wish whoever gets it, Netflix or Paramount the best of luck.

Scribe

Legend

Thought this was interesting. Adapting the BG games (3 core games + expansion, 3 DA BG games, plus TTRPG source material) will be one hell of a hard job. I wish whoever gets it, Netflix or Paramount the best of luck.

Ahem.

Lore matters.

Scribe

Legend
Yes and no. It depends what your goal is, the quality of the lore, and how you use it. Lore can be a help or it can be a burden.

Drawing Motivation GIF

Quickleaf

Legend
Source: “Trust me, bro.”
Giant Freaking Robot was where the info came from. It's "trust me, bro", but.... with some credibility to support the character of the organization where the info is coming from. For the curious:

If I am not wrong, Paramount is who enjoys the licence now. But I don't know if this is only for FR or the complete D&D Multiverse.

Some Hasbro franchises are in Netflix. What happened with the adaptation of Magic: the Gathering? Will the action-live Dragonlance serie to be released in Paramount?

Netflix could be one of the few suvivors in the streaming war, but it is famous because lots of series have been cancelled before the ultimate end.

Other option could be Netflix starting from zero their own fantasy IP with absolute creative control, and after this to be licenced to Hasbro.

If I am not wrong, Paramount is who enjoys the licence now. But I don't know if this is only for FR or the complete D&D Multiverse.

Some Hasbro franchises are in Netflix. What happened with the adaptation of Magic: the Gathering? Will the action-live Dragonlance serie to be released in Paramount?

Netflix could be one of the few suvivors in the streaming war, but it is famous because lots of series have been cancelled before the ultimate end.

Other option could be Netflix starting from zero their own fantasy IP with absolute creative control, and after this to be licenced to Hasbro.

They already could make a deal with Habro for Blood of Zeus.

And the Paramount deal is not exclusive.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Giant Freaking Robot was where the info came from. It's "trust me, bro", but.... with some credibility to support the character of the organization where the info is coming from. For the curious:

I imagine that any website which needs a page to convince you that it’s credible… has that page there for a reason. That’s literally just convinced me of the opposite.

Remove ads