D&D Movie/TV RUMOUR: Netflix interested in developing a BALDUR'S GATE adaptation

dave2008

Legend
If concider the lore of setting a burden, you should NOT work with that setting, it's not for you, and you'll end up in a Witcher TV style mess.
I disagree. Lore, over time in particular, can be a convoluted mess. While I may like some of the lore, and the general conceit of a setting, I don't have to like all of it. The lore I don't like is a burden. I can, and do, alter or ignore it, but that is a burden.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I disagree. Lore, over time in particular, can be a convoluted mess. While I may like some of the lore, and the general conceit of a setting, I don't have to like all of it. The lore I don't like is a burden. I can, and do, alter or ignore it, but that is a burden.
Well, that's why WotC ifficial canon policy for media tie-ins is that nothing outside eof the core books is "canon". So any show has a lot of leeway to customize for their own ends.

Aldarc

Legend
Trust me (see my avatar), getting a deal on Netflix is practically a death sentence. It doesn't matter if your series wins an Emmy. Expect cancellation after one season. Netflix increasingly favors one and done deals that leave fans who are hungry for more disappointed.

dave2008

Legend
Trust me (see my avatar), getting a deal on Netflix is practically a death sentence. It doesn't matter if your series wins an Emmy. Expect cancellation after one season. Netflix increasingly favors one and done deals that leave fans who are hungry for more disappointed.
IDK, as a Dark Crystal fan myself I was disappointed in the NetFlix series. I could only get through 2 episodes. I think they are willing to do longer running shows, but they have to be worth the investment (that is true of any streaming platform really).

I will say that the Net seems to be getting back to its roots of having older shows and movies more. Which i didn't realize I had missed until they started coming back!

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
This could be amazing. With the emphasis on could. The question is if it will be a Cowboy Bebop or a One Piece adaptation. With tight control by people who love the game, it could be awesome.

Remove ads