• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar IC

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
GM: I using Tiornys post in the OOC-

So, assuming nothing unexpected happens, I'm planning to wait for Velani to flank the creature and Kali to have his axes in hand, at which point I'll summon Gorm, Spirit Infusion on Kali, and then summon Gorm again, giving 4 temps to Velani and Kali. I'll probably also burn the boon for an extra minor action and give Kyalia +4 damage until the end of my next turn.

Hopefully I'll be able to post that in sequence, but if I take too long, feel free to use that info to keep things moving.

Which translates as (I think)-

Summon Gorm M7- 4 Temp HP Velani.
Spirit Infusion Kali
Summon Gorm M7- 4 Temp HP Kali.
Pelor Bonus- Adaptive Stratagem Kyalia +4 damage till end of Ah-shahran's next turn.

Gorm suddenly appears next to the fracas, Velani is buoyed by the hounds presence, an instant later the hound dissipates and Kali reacts- furiously, swinging wildly with his battleaxe at the beast... and takes another great chunk out of the thing. Kali unleashes his Assassin's Shroud which does a little more hurt.

The Summoned Creature looks forlornly at the Shifter, gulps and gawps, looks down at the wreck of its body- it snarls, half-heartedly, it seems it has met its match.

Gorm flickers back into existance, Kali looks from the dog to the Summoned Creature, and grins.

Ah-shahran whispers a hushed prayer, invoking Pelor, momentarily Kyalia's bow, arrow already set to fire, glows like sunlight...

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #18 Rats & Fire

Turn: 3

Initiative (* = Next to play)

27 Velani
22 Viator
21 Kali
Ah-shahran
20 Rat #2*
20 Rat #3
19 Freggo
18 Kyalia
15 Summoned Creature

HP & Conditions

PCs
Ah-shahran 35/35 Surges 8/4. AP1.
Freggo 33/33 Surges 9/6. AP1. PelorBonus.
Kalimaru 30/21 (+4 Temp HP) Surges 8/5. AP1. PelorBonus.
Kyalia 31/31 Surges 8/8. AP2. PelorBonus. +4 damage (Ah-shahran)
Velani 39/34 (+4 Temp HP) Surges 10/3. AP0. PelorBonus.
Viator 30/30 Surges 8/7. AP1. PelorBonus.

Monsters

Rat #1- 42 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Rat Swarm- 28 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Rat #2- 8 HP damage taken. Aegis (Freggo). Quarry (Kyalia).
Rat #3- 25 HP damage taken- Bloodied.
Summoned Creature- 48 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Defender's Aura (Velani). Assassin's Shroud (Kali).

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Velani- Charge (CA) Rat#1- Hit 14 damage.

Viator- Dimensional Scramble (CA) Rat#1- Hit 7 damage (Bloodied) & teleport N9.

Kali- Charge (CA) Battleaxe Rat#1- Hit 16 damage & Dual Weapon Attack (CA) Rat#1- Miss.

Freggo- Charge (CA) Longsword Rat#1- Hit 5 damage- DEAD.

Kyalia- Twin Strike (CA vs Cover/Concealment) Rat Swarm- Hit & Hit (Half-damage) 7 damage.

Ah-shahran- Spirit Infusion Kyalia (CA) Longbow Rat Swarm- Miss (with Elven Accuracy) Hit 6 damage.

Turn #2

Velani- Perception check- nothing spotted. Ready Charge...

Viator- Move to N9. Dimensional Scramble Rat Swarm- Miss. Arcana Check Brazier- Success.

Kali- Move to N6. Drop Axes. Draw Longbow. Longbow Rat Swarm- Miss.

Rat #2- Move from G2 (Hidden) to M2. Charge Kali- Miss.

Rat #3- Move from G8 (Hidden) to I9- Immediate Reaction (G9) Velani Charge Rat #3- Hit 15 damage. Rat #3 Bite Velani- Hit 9 damage.

Freggo- Move O6. Aegis of Ensnarement Rat #2. Luring Strike (Shift O5) Rat #2- Hit 8 damage (Shift O4 Slide Rat #2 O5).

Kyalia- Move O7. Hunter's Quarry Rat #2. Twin Strike Rat Swarm- Miss & Hit 4 damage- Bloodied.

Rat Swarm- Move towards I9 (Hard corner)- Flames Implode and the Creature is summoned- Swarm takes 11 damage- DEAD.

Summoned Creature- Move M6. Claws Kali- Hit 9 damage.

Ah-shahran- Delay till after Kali.

Turn #3

Velani- Shift I9. Charge Longsword Summoned Creature- Hit 11 damage.

Viator- Dimensional Scramble (H8) Rat #3- Hit 10 damage- Bloodied & Teleported to F7. Move to P9.

Kali- Drop Bow. Grab axes. Battleaxe (CA) Summoned Creature- Hit (with Power Attack) 26 damage & Dual Attack (CA) Summoned Creature- Hit 11 damage & Bloodied.

Ah-shahran- Summon Gorm M7 +4 Temp HP Velani. Spirit Infusion Kali (CA) Battleaxe Summoned Creature- Hit 21 damage (with Assassin's Shroud). Summon Gorm M7 +4 Temp HP Kali. Pelor Bonus- Adaptive Stratagem +4 damage for Kyalia.

Rat #2-

Rat #3-

Freggo-

Kyalia-

Summoned Creature-

[/sblock]

New Map to follow.

Next Up- Rats.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Rat #2

A strange thing... Kyalia glances down the, the Rat facing off against Freggo just got better, or rather as she watches its wounds seem to fade a little- it's regenerating.

The Elf screams and points at the beast.

At the same moment the oversized rodent attempts to sink its teeth into Freggo ripping through the young hero's legging and sinking its teeth into his flesh.

The rodent then darts away, too fast for Freggo, or Kali for that matter to follow...

[sblock=Combat]

27 Velani
22 Viator
21 Kali
Ah-shahran
20 Rat #2
20 Rat #3*
19 Freggo
18 Kyalia
15 Summoned Creature

HP & Conditions

PCs

Monsters

Rat #2- 8 HP damage taken. Aegis (Freggo). Quarry (Kyalia).
Rat #3- 25 HP damage taken- Bloodied.
Summoned Creature- 48 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Defender's Aura (Velani). Assassin's Shroud (Kali).

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Kali- Charge (CA) Battleaxe Rat#1- Hit 16 damage & Dual Weapon Attack (CA) Rat#1- Miss.

Kyalia- Twin Strike (CA vs Cover/Concealment) Rat Swarm- Hit & Hit (Half-damage) 7 damage.

Ah-shahran- Spirit Infusion Kyalia (CA) Longbow Rat Swarm- Miss (with Elven Accuracy) Hit 6 damage.

Turn #2

Viator- Move to N9. Dimensional Scramble Rat Swarm- Miss. Arcana Check Brazier- Success.

Rat #3- Move from G8 (Hidden) to I9- Immediate Reaction (G9) Velani Charge Rat #3- Hit 15 damage. Rat #3 Bite Velani- Hit 9 damage.

Freggo- Move O6. Aegis of Ensnarement Rat #2. Luring Strike (Shift O5) Rat #2- Hit 8 damage (Shift O4 Slide Rat #2 O5).

Kyalia- Move O7. Hunter's Quarry Rat #2. Twin Strike Rat Swarm- Miss & Hit 4 damage- Bloodied.

Rat Swarm- Move towards I9 (Hard corner)- Flames Implode and the Creature is summoned- Swarm takes 11 damage- DEAD.

Turn #3

Viator- Dimensional Scramble (H8) Rat #3- Hit 10 damage- Bloodied & Teleported to F7. Move to P9.

Kali- Drop Bow. Grab axes. Battleaxe (CA) Summoned Creature- Hit (with Power Attack) 26 damage & Dual Attack (CA) Summoned Creature- Hit 11 damage & Bloodied.

Ah-shahran- Summon Gorm M7 +4 Temp HP Velani. Spirit Infusion Kali (CA) Battleaxe Summoned Creature- Hit 21 damage (with Assassin's Shroud). Summon Gorm M7 +4 Temp HP Kali. Pelor Bonus- Adaptive Stratagem +4 damage for Kyalia.

Rat #2- Regen 5. Bite Freggo- Hit 9 damage. Rat Scurry Shift to L4.

Rat #3-

Freggo-

Kyalia-

Summoned Creature-

[/sblock]

New Map to follow.

Next up Rat #3.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Rat #3

It seems the creature isn't done yet, it darts forward to flank Velani with the Summoned Creature. It then launches itself at the back of Velani's legs- biting and gnawing on the guardswoman, thankfully the creature is grabs a mouthful of her leggings- Velani is unhurt.

[sblock=Combat]

27 Velani
22 Viator
21 Kali
Ah-shahran
20 Rat #2
20 Rat #3
19 Freggo*
18 Kyalia
15 Summoned Creature

HP & Conditions

PCs

Monsters

Rat #2- 8 HP damage taken but Regen 5 HP. Aegis (Freggo). Quarry (Kyalia).
Rat #3- 25 HP damage taken but Regen 5 HP.
Summoned Creature- 69 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Defender's Aura (Velani).

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Turn #2

Turn #3

Rat #3- Regen 5- No longer Bloodied. Move K6. Bite (CA) Velani- Miss.

Freggo-

Kyalia-

Summoned Creature-

[/sblock]

New Map-

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contri...odied+and+worse.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

(With no names on and big Health Bars- I'm embracing it)

Next up- Freggo and Kyalia, and then the Beast.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Kyalia

Kyalia raises her bow, aiming for the creature that has been summoned to stop them (or for another purpose, but happens to be in their way now). Encouraged by Ah-shahran's magic, the elf fires two arrows at her new quarry. She only takes a moment to breathe before drawing another two arrows and fire them at the same target as well.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Hunter's Quarry
Standard: Twin Strike on Summoned Creature
ACTION POINT: Twin Strike on Summoned Creature

I like the "no names", as they tended to obscur things, even though they are helpful to identify the opponents (but location on the map works for that as well).

I do not really like the health bars (the ones you had previously looked better :)).[/SBLOCK]

Blutspitze

Explorer
Seeing the creature well under control by his coherts, Freggo turns his attention to the rats, getting them off his friends.

[sblock=Actions]Move to J4; minor to Aegis other rat.
Shift to K3 as part of Luring Strike, attack Rat in L4. Assuming a hit, I shift to L2 and Rat slides to K3.[/sblock]

OOC: Attack Roll with 4 is only a 13; Assuming that misses rat

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Seeing the creature well under control by his coherts, Freggo turns his attention to the rats, getting them off his friends.

[sblock=Actions]Move to J4; minor to Aegis other rat.
Shift to K3 as part of Luring Strike, attack Rat in L4. Assuming a hit, I shift to L2 and Rat slides to K3.[/sblock]

OOC: Attack Roll with 4 is only a 13; Assuming that misses rat

GM: [MENTION=6680999]Blutspitze[/MENTION] I can't get you to J4 with a move of 6, without taking at least one attack of opportunity. Around the pillars are hard corners, by which I mean you can't move diagonally around them- you can't move N3 to M2. You have to go N3 to N2, then M2... Is this what you wanted or am I not seeing things straight.

You do realise that setting your aegis on the other rat cancels it on the rat you have already got marked with your aegis (L4). Get back to me...

Blutspitze

Explorer
GM: [MENTION=6680999]Blutspitze[/MENTION] I can't get you to J4 with a move of 6, without taking at least one attack of opportunity. Around the pillars are hard corners, by which I mean you can't move diagonally around them- you can't move N3 to M2. You have to go N3 to N2, then M2... Is this what you wanted or am I not seeing things straight.

You do realise that setting your aegis on the other rat cancels it on the rat you have already got marked with your aegis (L4). Get back to me...

OOC: K, change of plan; move to M4, new aegis (point being to make the other rat move, BTW), Attempt to hit L4, probably miss, shift back to N4 after attack

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
OOC: K, change of plan; move to M4, new aegis (point being to make the other rat move, BTW), Attempt to hit L4, probably miss, shift back to N4 after attack

Freggo dances forward and applies his Aegis power to the furthest rat, and then slices out with his longsword, a Luring Strike, alas to no effect. The Swordmage dances back the way he came.

[sblock=Combat]

27 Velani
22 Viator
21 Kali
Ah-shahran
20 Rat #2
20 Rat #3
19 Freggo
18 Kyalia*
15 Summoned Creature

HP & Conditions

PCs
Freggo 33/24 Surges 9/6. AP1. PelorBonus.

Monsters

Rat #2- 8 HP damage taken but Regen 5 HP. Quarry (Kyalia).
Rat #3- 25 HP damage taken but Regen 5 HP. Aegis (Freggo).
Summoned Creature- 69 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Defender's Aura (Velani).

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Turn #2

Turn #3

Rat #3- Regen 5- No longer Bloodied. Move K6. Bite (CA) Velani- Miss.

Freggo- Move M4. Aegis of Ensnarement Rat #3. Luring Strike Rat #2- Miss & Shift back to N4.

Kyalia-

Summoned Creature-

[/sblock]

New Map to follow.

Next Up- Kyalia.

GM: You can roll your dice again now Blutspitze...

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Kyalia raises her bow, aiming for the creature that has been summoned to stop them (or for another purpose, but happens to be in their way now). Encouraged by Ah-shahran's magic, the elf fires two arrows at her new quarry. She only takes a moment to breathe before drawing another two arrows and fire them at the same target as well.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Hunter's Quarry
Standard: Twin Strike on Summoned Creature
ACTION POINT: Twin Strike on Summoned Creature

I like the "no names", as they tended to obscur things, even though they are helpful to identify the opponents (but location on the map works for that as well).

I do not really like the health bars (the ones you had previously looked better :)).[/SBLOCK]

Kyalia changes aim, and then unleashes a flurry of arrows, or rather four quick shots in succession, only one of which- the first, does not find the target. It takes all three hits to finally settle the Summoned Creatures cause.

The ferocious looking fiend flops hard onto the cold stone floor, the large Rats left in the room squeak in unison...

OOC: Glorious take down people.

New Map-

250 Fire & Rats- The Summoned Creature is DEAD

Next Up- Velani, Viator, Kali and then Ah-shahran.

Remove ads