Scifi/fantasy to watch with mom

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Genre movies:

Mars Attacks was a pretty good spoof of 1950s-60s alien invasion flicks.

Dragonslayer was an excellent take on the dragon slaying concept, and had one of the best Pre-CGI dragons ever. (IMHO, better than most CGI ones, too.)

Legend was an early Tom Cruise movie,and maybe one of his best. Tim Curry as the personification of Evil was excellent. Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream, Brian Ferry, and David Gilmour.

Ladyhawke, a tale of cursed lovers.

See also The Princess Bride, Stardust, Neverending Story, The Last Unicorn.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Thing (original)
Day of the Triffids
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
(original)
5 Million Years to Earth (aka Quatermass and the Pit)

Li Shenron

Legend
I'm mid 40s and she's early 70s. I still feel uncomfortable watching sex and nudity around her. lol But I also know she doesn't care for it or a lot of bad language.
Almost every single scifi (and not only) TV series of last decades has sex, although in very many cases it's in the first 5-10 minutes of the first episode, so if you skip those first 10 minutes you should be safe.

However, in the last couple of years it seems TV series have all switched from showing an obligatory sex scene with showing someone vomiting, which is now apparently the latest fashion.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I watched the first episode of Locke & Key when it premiered. Thank you for reminding me. I think she might like it.

Even though I said she didn't care for superhero shows I think she got into Hawkeye. I want to get her to watch She Hulk when it comes on.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Lots of older stuff I haven't thought of in a long time. I wonder how many of them she's seen.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
It's old, but Stargate SG-1 might be good.
Second this one. SG1 and Atlantis work very well with OPs request. About the only actual scifi I can watch with my Dad. The only other one is Farscape.

About some other series I can think of, Maybe Sanctuary and Tremors the series?

Remove ads