• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - OoC III

Velmont

First Post
First, let's see what everyone want to keep. Someone should keep the two CMW potion. Leanthas won't take them as it would be a waste (yeah, the minimum roll heal him from 0 to max HP :p ).

Once everyone kept what they want, we should see how much money the group have, if we want to pay for group item.

Dhes, you might buy your cloak with your share, it seems there will be enough money.

kirinke

First Post
I'll be willing to pop in 400gp for the wand and sack. Both are good ideas and Alinis is pretty well equipped right now. At least until she can get her hands on some elvish chain.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven has her MW studded leather and her MW great axe, and MW theives tools. She has no pressing needs & is willing to contribute any cash share to items beneficial to the group.

Dhes

Explorer
I deducted 2250gp for the “Bag of holding type I”, 338gp for the “Wand CLW” and 100gp for the potion that Elyas found in the Ash Walking Cane.

I did put all the stuff in the Loot List, but the party doesn’t have it yet. As you can see we got a discount on the bag and wand, so Majin wants us to buy them in-character.

We have a total bank account now of 7689.73gp.
I’m a bit puzzled as to how we are doing the money thing, are we:
A. keeping it in one big sum and using it to buy stuff when someone wants/needs something. (like in Lamentation of Lolth)
B. taking the 7689.73gp and defending it through 7 so that everyone get 1098.53gp.

Velmont

First Post
I've been looking at the loot list and I have two questions:

@Manz: do you keep the crossbow or not? I'll take it if you don't want it, or i'll buy one if you want to keep it. I just need to know what you want to do with it.

@Dhes: Why the wand of CLW is given to me? I can't use it... or is it already planned that I will be the one to buy it? Or maybe it is the fact that I'll be needing the most. In that case, I suggest the wand of raise dead ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven already has a crossbow. She doesn't need another. So you're welcome to it.

If we have cash that we don't know what to do with, perhaps Raven should invest in a MW mighty (+3) long composite bow. I'll bet we could all spend 1000 gps.

Verbatim

Explorer
*dons ninja gear as I have once again bypassed the lockdown on our systems*

While I have no idea how long of a window I have, I will hurry up and throw in my two cents.

If there is a "magic shop" I think Orpheus should do the talking on the items, with either Leanthas or Elyas there to "assist".

I have no problem kicking in a portion of my share for the bag and wand, as well as my tithe to the church.

Depending on the time we have available, if anyone wants to upgrade their blades, we can go through my dwarven NPC, or I can make them myself. It all depends on the time available to us.

I will holding onto a good bit of my gold initially as I have my eyes on either some gauntlets of ogre power or a dex increasing item.

Also, this was the last level I will take as a Hexblade. From here on out, Zeric will be focusing on Fighter and Occult Slayer levels. I will take Fi at 5th, and OS 6-10, before going back to Fighter full time.

Velmont

First Post
OK, Dhes, you can switch the found crossbow to Leanthas. To tip on the bag of holding and the wand, I see no problem either.

To negotiate the items, Leanthas might come if ask, all depend on how.

For my 1000gp to spend, there is a few spells I would like to have. Also, maybe a familiar, a rat, could be helpfull: I wouldn't be against a +2 Fortitude.

Majin, transcibing spell cost the usual 50gp per spell level?

Verbatim

Explorer
Hipp:For what it is worth, IC I think if anyone in the group can handle whoever these Stormblades are peacefully, it is you. After I confused artisan outfit with courtier clothing, I have just stuck to it, even now knowing he wears a quasi-military uniform.

And if I had known you were just going to get these kids drunk, I would have bought the dwarven bitter or the Dragon Ale which both have DC 13-16 Fort saves to avoid intoxication..:)

I also can't speak for Manz, but I am sure Raven's hesitancy was there just because of the way Zeric and Orpheus did go at each other.

All in all, I am enjoying this little scene and while I don't want to sound bad, who doesn't want to have at least one bar fight under their belts while our levels are low enough to keep it at close to fists only. Pretty soon, we will summon in people to fight our fights for us..*L*

Velmont

First Post
Bar fight... good thing I miss it. One hit and I could be seriously heurt, even if it is only subdual damage :p

During that time I'll be able to stab my first dagger in your ba... I mean find more support for our task. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads