• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shows that I hate!!! Rant

Stone Angel

First Post
Well just one at the moment. "My Sweet 16" on MTV basically a show about spoiled rich girls that throw these ridiculous parties and wine about the most stoopid things.

But my fiancee wants to watch it. I LOATHE this show.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Sado

First Post
Well, realize that to a lot of people, gaming is just as stupid. A bunch of guys sitting around a table pretending to be knights, wizards, and elves, speaking in pseudo-shakespearean English, studying stats and alignment of imaginary monsters, using words like stats and alignment...

I made peace with my sweetie's love of Sex in the City and American Idol when I realized that the things she liked that I thought were stupid weren't any more stupid than the things I liked.

Are they superficial? Yes. Any more so than gaming? No, I don't think so.

I suppose you could make an argument that gaming is a little more cerebral than Wifeswap or Cribs. But neither is very important in the grand scheme of things. Different people enjoy different things.

well, being a lifelong bachelor, I don't have to watch shows that I don't like... in fact, I watch very little TV... the only shows I watch regularly are Lost, 24, Enterprise, and Stargate SG:1

Abisashi

First Post
Stone Angel said:
"My Sweet 16" on MTV basically a show about spoiled rich girls that throw these ridiculous parties and wine about the most stoopid things.

Kill the rich girls and take their stuff. Tithe some to the chocolate shop and the jewelry store to make your fiance happy.

I was going to tell you to kill your fiance and take her stuff, but that seemed a poor plan...

What's this TV thing you're talking about, anyway?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sado said:
Well, realize that to a lot of people, gaming is just as stupid. A bunch of guys sitting around a table pretending to be knights, wizards, and elves, speaking in pseudo-shakespearean English, studying stats and alignment of imaginary monsters, using words like stats and alignment...
Can't be worse than parking yourself in front of the TV set this coming Sunday with a ridiculous beer hat and sports either a Patriot or Eagle logo painted on your front chest and stomach. :]

mojo1701

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Can't be worse than parking yourself in front of the TV set this coming Sunday with a ridiculous beer hat and sports either a Patriot or Eagle logo painted on your front chest and stomach. :]
Hey, hey, HEY!

...oh, wait, you're talking about sports.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Ranger REG said:

Must you mock the way I choose to enjoy "Desperate Housewives"?

Don't judge me!

Remove ads