• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shows that I hate!!! Rant

Psychic Warrior

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
Must you mock the way I choose to enjoy "Desperate Housewives"?

Don't judge me!

Comedy GOLD!! :lol:

Reality TV is the bane of television imo. I have yet to see a single episode of any reality show that doesn't degenerate (usually within the first 15 seconds) into whine fests and bitching.

I did like Joe Schmoe - but it was hardly a reality show since everyone was an actor except the one guy they were messing with. Sadly I was in the hospital when the last episode aired :(

In additon to so-called reality tv I also hate Enterprise and sitcoms (are there any funny sitcoms out there? I used to love Cheers, Sienfeld etc but haven't found one in the last 3 years worth watching. The first person to mention Ray Romano or Jim Belushi gets stabbed in the eye - people starring in sitcoms should at least be funny.)

mojo1701

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
In additon to so-called reality tv I also hate Enterprise and sitcoms (are there any funny sitcoms out there? I used to love Cheers, Sienfeld etc but haven't found one in the last 3 years worth watching. The first person to mention Ray Romano or Jim Belushi gets stabbed in the eye - people starring in sitcoms should at least be funny.)

Dude, two words:

Arrested... Development...

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
mojo1701 said:
Dude, two words:

Arrested... Development...
One of the few shows worth watching. It's a riot.

Arrested Devolpment, Battlestar Galactica...um...well...I...hmm...this is why I spend a lot of the time on the computer.

God I hate reality TV.

kirinke

First Post
I generally hate reality shows. They have on the whole absolutely no worth.
The only possible exceptions are shows like trading spaces, queer eye for the straight guy and their clones. The reason is, they are doing something worthwhile and nice for others, while shows like Survivor are basically a very, very, very selfish version of the old kid game 'king of the hill'

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
One of the few shows worth watching. It's a riot.

Arrested Devolpment, Battlestar Galactica...um...well...I...hmm...this is why I spend a lot of the time on the computer.

God I hate reality TV.

Arrested Development eh? I have heard of it but never watched it.

And I'll start watching Battlestar Galactica when the director learns to hold his camera steady when people are talking.

mojo1701

First Post
And I am drawing a reference to a Star Trek: TNG episode: "The Netural Zone."

In it, Data mentioned that TV had fallen out of popularity by the 2040s. How could this have happened? Rise of reality TV, perhaps...?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Warrior Poet said:
I remember when the news had news.

Warrior Poet
I get my news from a comdey show, which really does show the state of things. :D

Can say that I am down to only a few shows that I watch anymore.

..LOST
..Desperate Housewives
..Stargate SG-1
..Stargate Atlantis
..Scrubs
..MI-5
..Monk
..Dead Zone
..Smallville

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads