• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shows that I hate!!! Rant

Storm Raven

First Post
kirinke said:
while shows like Survivor are basically a very, very, very selfish version of the old kid game 'king of the hill'

Actually, Survivor is an excellent example of game theory in action, and not much at all like king of the hill.

TDRandall

Explorer
Yes, there IS a down side to TIVO

Stone Angel said:
"My Sweet 16"

I LOATHE this show.

I know how you feel. The Mrs. has started watching all kinds of new shows recently, stuff that she heard about on "The Soup" after recently TIVO'ing that. I think it's this one and then one with someone called Vern? (Surreal Life?) that I really do NOT understand how she gets ANYTHING out of it.

I do watch the Soup with her, mainly since it is making fun of those shows. But if what they were talking about this last time for "Sweet 16" is common fodder for the show then it has to be one of the lowest of the low.

I mean really, a 16 yo girl upset because her dad might get her a USED Range Rover for her birthday instead of brand-spanking-new one, and who then throws a fit when she realizes the expensive trip she wants to take would be in exchange for the car instead of her getting both? (I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she got both anyway.) How absolutely clueless can someone be about the value of a dollar (or multiple thousands of them)?

We've had similar struggels with my teen (albeit on a MUCH more modest monetary scale). She will turn 16 later this year, and knows she'll be lucky if she gets a set of keys to the existing (1) car that we have. Our "big" dream is to get a second family car that we will still ALL be sharing sometime within the next year or two.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads