• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sigil Setting: Combat Tavern?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Magi_Siani said:
>>I could seriously see this tavern becoming as popular if not more popular then CrossRoads ((Sorry Siani!)).<<

*is amused* Why for? I'm not. *grins* I agreed with the idea when she floated it to me the other night. I don't mind fighting in bars. Just not mine. ;)

Looks like it will be a hit. Enjoy it gang!

Siani
Thanks, boss! :)

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Heh. I'm not really sure why I'm bothering, since my comments have already been made. I was going to suggest rafters - and that's been done. Just count this as another vote toward rafters! :)
And the grating idea made me think of Silent Hill too, and that's been mentioned. Nothing wrong with it though, makes lots o' sense.

A while back in the thread, suggestions for the menu were asked for - I think tough sounding drinks like the standard Trollslayer, Dragon's Breath, Hades' Gate, Styx. . .

Food . . . raw meat! Heh. Just kidding. But, why not?

I like the idea of the bot being something different. I think a Goblin would be a little too wussy. . . maybe a demon - ooo, one of those 6 arm snake ladies - Meriliths? Serve drinks and throw people out at the same time. . .

Meh

First Post
I believe the Magi might have been looking for well something more hard, indestructable as the establishment, not to mention the rather evil demon might easly be banished and or spike drinks of patrons, especially other fiends, and angelic beings.

Adrie

First Post
I'm not sure how many angelic beings would really be that daring the enter such type of establishment... though that's just my opinion.... then again I don't see why one would be in any tavern really... as they are much higher beings them mortals... but that's just my view of how my group plays

Meh

First Post
And I would like to add one more thing. Does this Idea of the combat tavern seem to become better or more viable to people just be cause people that are 'old timers' say its good, has it been validated in some way, I do not believe it makes there opinion any better then any others. Its just a great idea, this is what people want, and they are getting it.

Why do we have to age drop?

LOL on post above, I agree

Nevine

First Post
Meh said:
And I would like to add one more thing. Does this Idea of the combat tavern seem to become better or more viable to people just be cause people that are 'old timers' say its good, has it been validated in some way, I do not believe it makes there opinion any better then any others. Its just a great idea, this is what people want, and they are getting it.

No, absolutely not. You are right, it doesn't matter.

However, only one person said anything about old timers. You are being needlessly antagonistic in your observation, in that it was one that did not need to be made.

Ruthia

First Post
Meh said:

LOL on post above, I agree

Just pointing out that my post was meant as a small joke and that I only used it to point out it's the first time I've ever seen the groups acctually agreeing for once. But if you still have a problem with my comments then you are more then welcome to E-mail me or PM me while I"m in chat. I think it's rather rude to take up message board space to say something that you could have very well said to me in other ways.

Irthos

First Post
Some more ideas for the devilishly delightful new tavern:

Animated Objects: Tables, stools, chairs (musical objects), and mops

Bartender: Perhaps a golem in Siani's likeness? (Put fear into the patrons), or perhaps one of the Inevitable (a True Neutral one)

Rafters: Yes please, though in odd angles for more fun.

Lighting: Everburning torches spaced randomly (so flickering shadows could hide people)

Drinks: Devil's Brew (whiskey that makes you spit flame), Golem Coffee (strong enough to chew).. (just some ideas there)

Food: Demon Stew (goes great with Devil's Brew, but twice as hot), Ignan Chili (better be immune to fire for this one).. (just some ideas there)

hmm... what do you think?

Nevine

First Post
Irthos said:
Drinks: Devil's Brew (whiskey that makes you spit flame), Golem Coffee (strong enough to chew

Speaking of chew, it's time to bring back Orc Barf Beer, none of that orc breath stuff. Call it what it is. *shakes fist*

Remove ads