D&D 5E Softback Books?

discosoc

First Post
With official PDF's seemingly never happening, has there been any word on softback printings like they did with some 4e stuff? It was getting really annoying lugging around a PHB, DMG, MM, and AP, plus notebook and tablet. Anyway, my short term solution was to take my PHB and MM -- both of which basically fell apart at the bindings -- and scan them into PDFs (upside of falling apart at the bindings?).

But has there been any mention of softbacks?

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Having the basic rules printed and bound at your local office supply makes a pretty snazzy softcover for relatively cheap!

I even got mine printed in color for the cost of black and white.

;)

S

Sunseeker

Unlikely. The cost difference is probably going to be too small and softbacks aren't going to bring more people to the table. Printing the same product more than one way appears to be something 5E is avoiding like the plague (which they should). And personally, I hated the Essentials books (in terms of size and such, not content) they just didn't fit well on my shelves with the rest of my books.

Ed Laprade

First Post
It doesn't seem likely that there will be any. Which is a pity, as there are few books that would even consider buying for $50. (I didn't even pay that much for the core books.) And one would be able to carry more of them, as well.

Horwath

Legend
No need for softbacks.

What we need are official PDFs.

So we can print essential pages that we need every moment from high quality LEGALY owned material, not after buying the book resorting to scanning the book of scavenging already existing PDFs online.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Nope, hardbacks all the way seems to be the thing so far.

There are fully digital versions, available from Steam for Fantasy Grounds, or Roll20. PDFs are only likely for out of print products...but everything 5E is still in print?

Remove ads