Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Cleon

Legend
I may have been playing the game wrong for years ;) but I thought that weapons resized when their carrier changed size. IE if the party's wizard casts Enlarge Person on the fighter all the fighter's gear changes size as well.

Doesn't the same apply here? Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Regards
Mortis

Hold on, let's just check Alternate Form (Su) again...

SRD said:
Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

Looks like our argument is defunct.

I'll update it with Medium Elf-form weapons and Large Hybrid-form weapons.

If we gave it oversized weapon, than the Large form would have Huge weapons!

Cleon

Legend
Nice catch, Mortis! Sometimes we get so caught up in converting the trees that we can't see the forest. ;)

Trees? Most of the time we're arguing about the leaves. Well, that's the usual result when I set the timber of the debate.

It's a grove responsibility, but someone has to do it.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Trees? Most of the time we're arguing about the leaves. Well, that's the usual result when I set the timber of the debate.

It's a grove responsibility, but someone has to do it.

Wood you please quit your birching? :p

Updated (including the contents of working draft).

Cleon

Legend
Wood you please quit your birching? :p

I pine for the good old days when yew wood just leaf me be when I wanted to birch. ;)

Updated (including the contents of working draft).

OK, we'd better figure out the standard Weresmilodon's skills before we do the Lord:

Skills: 8 (warrior) plus 18 (smilodon)

Smilodons have Balance, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently and Spot. (The Frostburn Smilodon has ranks Balance 0, Hide 0, Jump 4, Listen 4, Move Silently 0, Spot 4)

Warriors have Climb, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Ride, and Swim.

I'd cut the Ride and Swim, but like the other Warrior skills.

Something like this?
Smilodon: Balance 0, Hide 3, Jump 2, Listen 5, Move Silently 3, Spot 5
Warrior: Climb 2, Handle Animal 2, Intimidate 2, Jump 2

Total: Balance 0, Climb 2, Handle Animal 2, Hide 3, Intimidate 2, Jump 4, Listen 5, Move Silently 3, Spot 5
Oh, the Sabrelord should have 90 spill points of Ranger skills, not 72 - I forgot the 1st level quadrupling.

Skills: 90 (ranger) plus 18 (smilodon)
Feats: Alertness (B), Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Iron Will (B), Multiattack (Bonus), Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting (B), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (B), Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (B), Track (B), Endurance (B), plus four

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those skills seem fine for the weresmilo.

For the sabrelord ranger skills, maybe 15 ranks each of Handle Animal, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival.

Cleon

Legend
Those skills seem fine for the weresmilo.

I'll update the skills of the "Standard Smilo" in the Weresabre Working Draft

For the sabrelord ranger skills, maybe 15 ranks each of Handle Animal, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival.

I'd like to add Intimidate to that list. I'd transfer a few points off Hide and Listen (since it's already got 5 ranks in both from its Smilodon HD) and sacrifice some ranks from Handle Animal too.

How about Handle Animal 9, Hide 15, Intimidate 12, Listen 12, Move Silently 15, Spot 12, Survival 15?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That's fine by me.

For sabrelord feats, I have to confess to feeling pretty uninspired. Do you have any ideas? Imp Trip and Knock Down maybe?

Last edited:

Remove ads