• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (Road to Binga)

Game Control

First Post
Kareem floors the pedal and tries to get out of zone of combat.

[OOC: Kareem only had an 1/2 action in which to start moving the jeep. For round 2 you are still well within gun range and the 5 nearest soldier are about to open fire on the jeep.

Ghost and Ronin may still want to fire at them since their turn comes first.

Kareem can't swerve to hit N'Gambe, the jeep's not headed in the right direction. But he may yet gain vengeance; N'Gambe and several soldiers are headed toward the military Jeep. The chase will soon be on.]

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
As the jeep begins to speed away from the mass of soldiers, Ken fires back at them - trying his best to avenge the death of Roman.

[OOC: I'll use the jeep to cover me as much as possible. My priority is escape - not revenge.]

Game Control

First Post
OOC: OK, but what is your combat action? Full defense? Strafe fire over 3 to 5 opponent? Two burst?

Supressive and Cover fire are somewhat limited for this situation; they affect either 1 opponent or 1 ally, respectively.

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: I have my book now. Ronin will go with a strafe attack on the agents (three of them) that pose the greatest threat to the escaping team.]

Ghostfox fires two wide bursts at a nearby soldier in attempt to discourage pursuit.

((OOC: 2 wide bursts = 2 half-actions. Ranged Attack: +7 (Base Attack Bonus: +0, Dex Bonus +3, +1 Feat bonus (Point Blank Shot, if within 20 feet), +2 laser sight (if within 50 feet), +1 Wide burst). I suppose there is a negative modifier because the jeep is moving -2 penalty, additional -2 penalty for every 50 MPH vehicle is moving rounded down. Once again her immediate goal is to take down one of the soldiers so that there will be one less soldier returning fire. She will have expended 6 bullets, so she will have 4 left after her action. Do not spend action dice.

In hindsight, leaving Roman's body is kinda cold blooded... but the metagaming aspect comes in *sigh*

Edited: I tried to change my orders to fire at Ngambe but Control already processed my initial orders to fire at the soldier. That's cool too :cool: ))

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC: The three nearest soldier are within 20 feet, so that's -6 and 12 bullets.

Ronin rolls;

What do you know. He hits all three. If he had said he was targeting all 5...

dmg
15, 8 and 9

15 is dead (technically he has 1 WP left but...)
8 makes his fortitude check
9 doesn't, he's stunned.

Ghost also has a chance to cut down some soldiers before I shoot at your jeep. She already has stated earlier her intention to fire wide burst at the soldiers so I'll assume she'll do it now. I'll even be nicer and guess that she'll start by shooting at the wounded-but-not-stunned soldier.

Fox;
11 + 7 hit def 15
18 + 7 hit

Dmg; 9 and 7

She kills the wounded soldier and wounds a fresh one. That soldier makes his fortitude check.

Bottom line; of the 5 soldiers who were about to shoot at the jeep, 2 are dead, one is stunned and 1 is wounded (-2 to dex)

So here they go, targeting the Jeep with controlled burst, def 10 + 3 (Kareem's dex)

Sold 1
2 + 0
5 + 0

Sold 2
5 - 1
4 - 1

I am a little depressed right now. I haven't rolled well against you in a while.

Now the chase is on. A one round lead translates into a 6 lenght lead.

Kareem, choose your maneuver. Ronin and Ghost can freely attack the pursuing jeep given the nature of the vehicle. No windows need to be broken!

If you escape, I recommend joining immediately Luddite. There is a certain warehouse that needs inflitrating. Kim and Luddite have a cumulative Hide check equal to that of Ronin... Not to mention that it is Fox's specialty.

Last edited:

Now that the chase is on, GhostFox has a chance to check her text messages. She acknowledges Tokiwong's message by sending him a voice mail message "Roger that. Recon was a SNAFU. N'Gambe got the jump on us. Roman was taken down. In the process of escaping N'Gambe's dragnet. Remote and extra armor came in extra handy. What's your situation? Please advise."

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
Kareem sticks his arm out of the jeep and fires a shot back towards the "predator" vehicle, while he tries to hold the Jeep steady to make it easier to shoot N'Gambe. (Drive +9, and +3 Handling)

Over the gunfire, Kareem shouts "What's going on with Kim and Luddite?"

Last edited:

Remove ads