• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (Road to Binga)

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
"You think? We have a few hours until nightfall, when we can spy on the barracks better. I'm going to put my ear to the street or something. Ah, what the hell? The Scotch is free at HQ, and the atmosphere is better. Let's go."
Kareem follows GhostFox out the door, holding his duffel bag.

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: How far away is our jeep? Is there going to be a map for this encounter? I am trying to decide if I should go for the gear or rush back inside.]

EDIT:

[OOC: Well, everyone is coming out so I guess I'll head for the jeep.]

Ken continues to the jeep to grab his gear. If shouting or shooting starts, Ken will rush over to the vehicle and use it for cover.

[OOC: I guess we should try to get our butts outta here.]

Last edited:

((OOC: Amen to that brother, Ken. Just finding an IC way to get out of the bar.

Control is about to open a big freckin can of whupasz - stick together, team, and we just might make it out in once piece.))

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC: I don't know what's my problem but I can't seem to manage satisfactory maps!

Here are two simple one.

First map; mostly I wanted you to see the two alternate exit. Where do they lead is anybody's guest.

The windows; dirty and tinted. You can't see outside until they're smashed.

The bar is in a semi-basement. It's 5 feet below ground level. The stair that leads down to the door is basically a mini-trench. The windows are 5 feet high inside the bar and at ground level outside.

There are 25 customer in the bar, 10 round table and a lot of alcohol.

Outside; the black dots are soldier. The dirty green represent army vehicle. The blue dot is the one Ronin has indentified as N'Gambe.

Some soldier have surrounded the entry. Other might be in the truck and waiting to deploy. Or maybe they already have and are somewhere unseen.

Two soldiers are in the process of inspecting the jeep. They are just about to begin and have yet to touch anything.

The Jeep is 50 feet from the door, 20 feet from the last window. Looking at my picture I realize that my scale is wrong, but I'm not an architect!

All the appartment Blocks are built directly next to the other with no space in between. You don't know if these appartments block are connected in some fashion through doors.

The back of the appartment blocks lead to a common yard. On the back wall are stairs and balconies. From the last balcony, it's easy to climb to the roof.

-----------------

Do you have a remote control for the Jeep? I must admit I wasn't totally concentrated on these discussions.

Ronin surprise round; if he bolts toward the jeep he'll be out of the soldier's half circle before they react. But he'll still be 20 feet away from the jeep. At that point it depends on his initiative and his team mates reaction inside the bar. Lucky and you look like a champ. Unluckly and you're dead.

If Ronin bolts back in the club, you'll have a few seconds to come up with a plan.

PS Kareem; it's Ronin who is outside.

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
First picture. Not very helpful, just to avoid misconceptions.

Note that the door to the right is behind the bar. The tables and the clients are mostly to the left.

Also not that the club is in a semi-basement. You are 5 feet below ground level. The small staircase that lead down to the door is dug into the ground. The windows are 5 feet high club side and ground level on the street side.

The door to the north cannot directly lead to the yard because the bar isn't deep enough to fill the whole block. There must be at least one room before the yard.

Attachments

• bar 1.jpg
    bar 1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

((OOC: Just so you know that I'm tuned in to the game... patiently waiting for Ken to make his move... then once the surprise round is over then I'll post instructions for GhostFox... ))

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken, seeing the large number and position of the guards, casually turns and strides back into the club. He ignores any shouts that me be aimed at him from the guards. Once inside and once he sees the others on the team headed for the door, he blocks their passage and says the following in a low voice:

"They've got the jeep. We need a back exit ASAP. Let's go"

As the group hustles towards a back exit, Ken will bring up the rear.

[OOC: Hopefully we can make a quick exit out the back or side. I'll follow the others through the door they choose. - Curses! There goes my new rifle!]

As they exit, Ken mutters to himself in Japanese, "One must first have a hand to wield a sword."

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
"Do they?" Kareem counters. He then unzips his duffel bag, reaches in, and retrieves what appears to be an eyeglass case. He unflips it, and then hits the Ignition button, starting the black Jeep.
"This baby is armored too!" he exclaims. "Now, we just need to find a way to get INTO the Jeep without being shot, then we're safe. Any ideas? Otherwise, I suggest we drive it to the front door, then hop in while they shoot at us or something."

Remove ads