• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (Road to Binga)

Tokiwong

First Post
Ghost-Fox's cell vibrates with a text message left by Kim... "FUBAR Going after Gournay"... end of the message...

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr said:
Kareem ... hits the Ignition button, starting the black Jeep.
"This baby is armored too!" he exclaims. "Now, we just need to find a way to get INTO the Jeep without being shot, then we're safe. Any ideas? Otherwise, I suggest we drive it to the front door, then hop in while they shoot at us or something."
"Perfect, K-man. Get that jeep in front and those mooks better learn how to dance or they'll get run over. That armored jeep is going to be our ticket out of here. Punch it.

"Ronin, the sooner you get those bastiches in your riflesights, the better. Let's go and make a break for the jeep, " GhostFox says as she pulls out her pistol," I'll cover you."

((OOC: It's showtime folks, let's not be shy about spending some action dice on defense and other important rolls. If Kareem can get the jeep within 30 feet or even better 20 feet of the door then we can take the Total Defense action for +4 dodge bonus and still move 30 feet. If someone gets in the way GhostFox can tumble to pass through an occupied square.))

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken waits for the jeep to head towards the door. Before he takes flight, he nods at Ghost - letting her know he needs cover. Using the steps/low ground and the other cars for protection, Ken races towards the waiting vehicle and leaps inside.

[OOC: Ronin is going with a full defense and will make his move towards the jeep. If appropriate, he will spend an action die to give him a bonus to his AC (as long as this will stack with full defense - don't have my book with me at the moment). --- Ronin hopes to enter the jeep and grab his rifle so he can provide suppressing fire for the others.]

Game Control

First Post
The soldiers yell in surprise as the jeep's engine suddenly roars. The vehicles surge forward and somewhat clumsily comes to a stop in front of the club's door. Then the door flies open as Ronin rushes toward the jeep and his greeted by a hail of bullets. Fearlessly, Ronin dashes toward his rifle.

[OOC:

OK, I assume That kareem is driving the car on the sidewalk, between the civilians vehicles and the club.

It's a DC 10 to park it for optimum cover (failed check just means 2 points less cover, critical means 4)

Kareem:
2 + 5

So the jeep will provide +4 AC of cover from the people firing directly in front of the Club. Those who used to be near your jeep and those who are near the truck have less, of course.

Note that the soldiers in position near the door will get a ''surprise'' round this time, along with the first agent to run for the jeep (initiative).

Basically the first one to rush for the jeep gets an half action but will be shot at by all soldiers in position near the entry (also half actions). Hopefully he'll have a good cover and a good roll on his AD to improve AC.

Yes, AD AC bonus stacks with the full defense bonus, albeit you can't use full-defense as an half action; it's a full action. Therefore the first one to rush is going to be more vulnerable than the others who can all take full defense. (not unreasonable given the situation, IMO)

Ronin has basically volunteered to rush first so let's do it;

Ronin AD; +7 AC.

As a result I need 20s

Soldiers;
4, 5, 16, 10, 2

The other agents join the fight normally for round 1.

The initiative is as follows;

Ronin and Ghost all act before the soldiers and N'Gambe. Kareem acts after them. Once Kareem act, it'll be your turn then mine in alternance,

What are all the gadgets of the Jeep? Remote control, improved handling. Anything else?

Phew, you got all that?]

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Roman is the second agent out of the door and he run towards the jeep. He's almost there when a bullet pierce his thigh and he falls down. The two soldiers who were about to search the Jeep have taken a deadly fire position; prone on the sidewalk, 50 feet from the door. The agents rushing to the jeep have no cover whatsoever against them once they left the natural trench created by the club's entrance.

Roman stays down and return fire, attempting to cover his team mates as well as he can.

-''Hurry! We can't ...''

Roman is brutally silenced by a burst from an AK-47 fired by N'Gambe himself. He had taken position behind a car near to the prone soldiers. One of the bullet hit Roman in the neck, killing him on the spot.

[OOC: Welcome to Fudge City! Not a single dice roll was made. I had to dispose of him one way or another. Since it is unfair to deprieve you of a team member when you are already outgunned, I'm going to give you all 2 AD to be used in this battle only. Furthermore, I've substracted an AD from my own pool. Finally, N'Gambe and the two prone soldier are not going to take any other actions on round 1.]

"Roman.... Rooomaaaaan!!!! Nooo!"

((OOC:
If Ronin is already in the jeep and is getting his rifle then GhostFox will run to the jeep taking the full defense action - Defense: Base 10, Class +1, Dex +3, Cover +4?, +4 full defense actionplus a bonus for the standard liner? dont have the rulebook with me at work - sorry!. That should be enough but in case it isn't I'll spend an action die to boost defense if the total defense value is less than 18.

If Ronin still needs to run to the jeep and needs covering fire then GhostFox will shoot...

How many enemy soldiers can GhostFox see? You mentioned that the jeep provided a +4 defense/cover bonus to enemies shooting at the agents - does this bonus apply to the defense of those that GhostFox will be shooting at?

GhostFox will shoot fire 2 wide bursts at one of the soldiers nearest to the team (2 half-actions). Ranged Attack: +7 (Base Attack Bonus: +0, Dex Bonus +3, +1 Feat bonus (Point Blank Shot), +2 laser sight, +1 Wide burst). Her immediate goal is to take down one of the soldiers so that there will be one less soldier returning fire. She will have expended 6 bullets, so she will have 4 left after her action.

GhostFox has 3 action dice.))

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken leaps into the jeep and keeps low. He pulls out his rifle from under the seat. Raising up just enough to see and aim, Ken fires a burst at the closest soldier that threatens his team.

[OOC: From inside, Ronin will use the jeep for as much cover as possible. He will spend the second free action die for the battle (thank you Game Control) to boost his AC again for this round. He is hoping the suppressing fire will give the others enough time to reach the jeep. Base AC=14 (includes standard liner), +4 for action die = 18, +? for jeep cover. Ranged shot = +4, Point Blank shot makes +5 (if possible)]

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
Kareem, smiling madly, dives into the driver side of the Jeep, ducking and twisting to avoid bullets (AD d4+1 to Defense) His smile stops when he sees the dead Roman. Once everyone is safe inside, Kareem floors the gas and shoots forward.

Game Control

First Post
[OOC:

Ronin, you had to recover the rifle (1/2 action). you can't yet lay suppresive or cover fire because it's a full action. You only have time for a burst. I'm gonna assume you try to gun down one of the soldiers nearby with a wide burst. Next round you can do one of the 4 full-action involving automatic fire.

Ghostfox: Full-defense is a full action (that still allows for 30 feet of movement). So that's all that you do on round 1 and at the end you are in the Jeep. On round 2 you can blast people.

Ronin, wide burst;
5 + 6 (Base +4, PBS and wide burst); miss (Def 15 with cover)

The only soldiers who are going to shoot at you this round are the 5 in the half-circle. The other one have either shot Roman or taking cover. Each take 2 wide burst (they'll have fired 9 bullet at the end of thtis round). 6 for Ronin, 4 target Fox.

Ronin, your AC is 14 + 4 (cover from the jeep if you keep low) + 2 (Action die); total 20.

6 Burst, +3;

1, 4, 18, 10, 2, 6

Only the 18 hit. Ronin loses 4 VP points (this accounts for DR)

Fox AC is 14 + 4 (cover in the jeep) + 4 (full D); 22. I assume no AD as per your instructions.

4 Burst, +3

1, 10, 2, 2

No hit.

As you can see, 2 soldiers rolled 1 as they were shooting at ronin and Fox.

Now Kareem, Fox and Ronin can all take an action before My soldiers and N'Gambe go at it again.

Remove ads