• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SR] "Chapter 1: Another day at the bar..."

“Finally it begins ...” he thought, once more checking his concealed holster.
He nodded towards the female elf, stood up and slowly walked to the back door.
“Who´ll be behind it ? he wondered. "A long-forgotten enemy, finally taking revenge (Or the man with the nuyen, he desperatly needs)

While keeping an eye on all the other outsiders, he went to the back door, openend it and carefully stepped inside.

Last edited:

Tory Adore

First Post
After the waitress leaves, Bowie watches to see who moves toward the door, and then follows slowly brining up the back. She thinks to herself, "well, at least I didn't have to wait too long. Wonder why there are so many of us here to see this guy...keep your _senses_ about you Bowie..." she pats her thigh.

Shalimar

First Post
Angel rises fluidly from her chair, there is a grace and fluidity to her movemets that tells an observer that she is ready to explode into action, its not the jerkyness fom cyberware though, which places her apart from most who move like that, it puts her on the list of other, dangerous, not normal.

She treds softly, noislessly, behind Luca allowing him to open the door for her, she was used to the treatment, though this probably wasn't because it was what good manners demanded of him. She slowly glides into the room, her senses straining to detect everything the can. Her vision flashes from Low-light to Thermo and then back to normal as her magical sense of smell took over. She searched out the familiar scent of gun oil that would mean there were other guns present besides hers, she scented for the smell of sweat that might indicate fear.

Xael

First Post
After the waitress's visit, Xerd waits for somebody else to approach the back-room door first. His hunch being right this time, he slowly gets up from his chair as some of the competitors move towards the door.

*One, two, three... how many more are there?*

Walking through the bar to the door, he certainly didn't care to enter the room first. Waiting for others in the door's immediate vicinity to go in first, he then went inside, right hand placed in his pocket again to keep his coat from opening and giving up his armament.

Douane

First Post
The room is about 5m x 7m with another door in the back. Since there is no window, it's only illumination is articifically provided by some noisy lighting system. It has a few tables and the usual assortment of chairs; however, what it doesn't have is a Mr. Johnson!

For a moment your hand inches towards your weapon when you realize that noone at all is in there. A quick glance around shows you a similiar look of surprise on the faces of your colleagues (And what else should they be!), though.

You consider just walking away from this, but the thought of your rep' stops you cold. (What if this is some kind of bizarre trial?) The last impetus to stay is provided by the waitress, who, after finishing her round, steps up to the room to close the door.

"What's t' matter? Scared?"

The last thing you see of her is a broad grin as the door slides shut and you're alone with your thoughts and your new 'friends'.

(Wonder what's their edge.)

In the moment he realised, that he was "locked up" ...
Luca panicked
it´s a trap ... it´s a trap .... F**K.... now THEY got me .... nowhere to hide ... nowhere to run ....they finally did it...
... but only for a very few moments ...

He grabbed his gun and turned around, facing the others.

Finally he recognized that he was not the only one in this room. He was not _alone_ . There were the other “outsiders” of the bar ... they have followed him.
So he tried to calm down and got his emotions under control.
I behave like and idiot ... easy ... this is not THEIR work ...everything ´s under control ...

Finally he put back his gun. He started to scan the room, the tables and the rest of the interior. In the same moments checking the doors for visible or security systems that possibly had been attached.

After a few moments he grabbed a seat and sat down, waiting for the Johnson to arrive.

Last edited:

Tory Adore

First Post
A bit un-nerved at having a gun pulled on the crowd and herself, Bowie, with her hand at the ready, takes in the forms around her to see if she recognizes any of them that are a little in front of her. After seeing the man put away his gun, Bowie slowly walks around some people to the right of him. Still checking them out, she spins a chair around so the back of the chair is facing Luca, keeping the others and the doors in her peripheral vision. She places her left hand on the back of the chair while she swings her right leg over the seat, straddling the back of the chair, and sitting down. Her right hand still at the ready on her thigh, Bowie faces Luca. Then she utters her first words somewhat matter of factly with a cautious laugh on her breath and not moving a muscle,
"Hmmmm...seems you're a lucky man today...
Sooo...anyway...I'm Bowie. Whatcha here for? I'm here for a Mr. Johnson, but unless one-a-ya wanna claim his name, I'm thinkin' he ain't here yet."

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
In the ensuing silence even the slight creak of the door sounds like thunder.

When you look up, expecting to finally see Mr. Johnson, a sigh almost escapes your lips. If that is Mr Johnson, Corp budgets seem to gone way down. The man entering the room looks to be in his mid-fourties (at least) and nothing at all like a slick corporate operator. In addition to his brown trousers he wears a bright green shirt and suspenders decorated with shamrocks. While he is not exactly a small man, his muscular build seems more to be due hard work, not a sign of combat training. At least he doesn't move like that. The man looks more like one of those old-fashioned barkeepers; in fact when you muster him more closely as he closes the door behind him and locks it, this man could be very well the barkeep of the pub itself.

Sigh!

The man moves closer, holding his hands out in a apologizing gesture (or to show that he doesn't hold a gun).

When he sees your 'less than welcome' faces, he clears his throat and begins to speak:

"I'm very sorry about this all. I know this ain't the usual way people like you do business; this will surely have made a somewhat strange impression on you.

Truth is, I've never had anything to do with you shadow folks, and had hoped to let it stay that way.

Unfortunately, I need help and I need it right now. Also it has to come from people with 'special' talents, so I put out the call to some friends of mine. Since you have come here, I suppose you are the ones thought right for this job by those who can judge such things.

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm Daniel O'Flaherty, the proprietor of this pub. Nice to meet 'cha!", he finishes, holding his hand out to you.

You hear some pretty unusual sounds from the outside of the room. Sounds almost like some kind of scuffle going on there.

Xael

First Post
Xerd decides to pay no mind to the sounds coming from outside the room, and proceeds to shake O'Flaherty's hand instead. "I'm called Xerd, pleasure to meet you. And frankly, I've been on more unusual meetings before.", he says while giving him a slight nod. He then proceeds to step a little back to give others the chance to introduce themselves.

OOC: I don't know how easily the shock glowes go off, but if they're really sensitive Xerd is nice enough to take it off before shaking hands... :D

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Angel doesn't move at all from where she's standing, but a little of the tension has worked its way out of her system. "What seems to be the problem Mister O'Flaherty," she asks, her almond shaped eyes watching him intently, from the accent of her voice its clear why she is so tense, with the primarily Irish clientele, its likely that they would try to take some vengeance on a member of a group that through them out of Ireland.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads