• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SR] "Chapter 1: Another day at the bar..."

„What the Hell was that ... ?” Luca asked with a slight tremble of anger in his voice.

Slowly holstering his gun, he faces the Johnson: “You better have a good story to tell, chummer. What ´tis is all about... it should be a really good story ... What kind of silly language was this ? Esperanto ?”

Finally regaining control of his anger he calmed down, and said with a broad smile: “My name ´s Luca.
Don´t mind, o´Flaherty, but if you´re paying well, me and the ladys will do the job you have to offer.”
Turning around, blinking towards Bowie and Angel.

Tory Adore

First Post
Bowie's head cocks to the side and slowly rotates to Luca upon hearing him speak. Head still cocked to the side, she checks him out up and down as he concludes mentioning the women. One thin, sleek, manicured eyebrow arches over the top of her dark glasses and the warmest smile she is able to give comes to her thin red lips as she thinks to herself, "well payin'...this guy's got his head in the right place..."

As Bowie's smile completes itself to the fullest it can go, she rises slowly from her chair swings her leg over it and stands with a rather friendly, outstreached hand toward Luca,
"I'm likin' how you think Sir. Name's Bowie."

Last edited:

[QUOTE ] "I'm likin' how you think Sir. Name's Bowie." [/B][/QUOTE]

“Pleasure to meet you...” he said, broadly smiling and gently shaking hands with Bowie.

“Like to have a smoke ? ... none of this synth-cigarettes. I´ll offer you a real one.”
He quickly pulled a little silver box out of the depths of his long coat. He opened it, and presented the obviously hand-made, slender cigarettes to Bowie.
“.. got these from a friend in the Salish ... those Shamans know how to cultivate tabacco ...”
With another fluid movement he got his zippo and offered her a light.

Just as you were beginning to think the ork was mute, and almost forgotten he was around.

Still staring at O'Flaherty he says, "Introductions are good and all, but I think now’s the time to hear some explanations from mister O'Flaherty."

Tory Adore

First Post
Bowie, with a side lipped smile and nod of her head, removes one of her gloves exposing a svelt and fairly pale hand as she reaches for the rare offering. As she leans in to receive Luca's light, she hears the ork's words.

"I know where ya comin' from guy. Asked for explanation already - even stated my time's money to our man here...hell, figger'd at this point might as well indulge, and my new friend here was nice 'nough to oblige me. 'Sides, kinda like knowin' who I might be workin' with."
Bowie flashes another smile to Luca and nods to Angel.

Bowie pulls up a couple more chairs moving them next to a nearby table. Smoke burning in her naked hand, she offers the seats to those about her including O'Flaherty with outstretched arms.
"Stand or sit as you will, but I'm parkin' it here."

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"Well, you see, it all comes down to this:

My ..., ah, my friend and I have some disagreements concerning my hiring of shadowrunners. He maintains that his own people are able to handle the k..., the 'problem' without any kind of outside help which is something I doubt, at least in this case. That's why I called for help from the Shadows.
As you saw, he didn't really agree with that and being of a somewhat volatile character he chose his own special way to show it."

"OH HELL! You said to be frank, so I'll be.
They sure have a lot of talents, however they lack the one thing most important in this case, the ability to keep someone alive instead of causing the opposite. And as to your kind, well, it is rather renowned for flexibility and diverse skills, so I chose that approach. Because …
(Sigh) I need you to get someone alive out of the clutches of her abductors as soon as possible. She was taken by a weird cult a few days ago that spouts some strange slogans like "Metahumanity first!" and "Metahumans are the chosen people!". I …, we haven’t been able to get in contact with her since that because they blocked our every attempt to do so. There’s something fishy going on there and I want her back safely with the family!"

"I suppose you will need this to identify her," with these words O’Flaherty slides a photograph onto the table in your direction.

(Oh WOW! What a cutie! Perhaps a bit young, but still a real looker. No wonder though, given her Metatype.) [Male PoV]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
(The picture shows a young girl, probably in her teenage years and clearly elven, as her ears peak through the long blonde hair. Her green eyes sparkle into the camera and she really seems to be enjoying life, at least according to her big grin.) [Female PoV]

Xael

First Post
Xerd "hmphs" and leans in to take a look at the picture. "Any more precise information about this cult than "some weird cult"? What's it's name? What's her name? And, I bet you knew this was coming, what's the pay?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads