Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

The twin daughters of DataLore just fit storywise. Chances are Bruce Maddox at least got to look at dead Lore at least once (or more likely stole a positron or something). After all, one does wonder IF Data knew about anything or gave help to Bruce? Or was Bruce doing it mostly on his own?

I'd guess the Romulans did not have the ability to evacuate Romulus. Sure they have a massive war fleet, but not like massive cargo and passenger ships. It's the old US/Soviet Union thing again.

Dire Bare

Legend
I forgot that, but the opening shot of the little shuttle thing landing immediately reminded me it was from the TOS episode Arena. That can't be an accident.

It's not an accident and is very much a deliberate easter egg. Wil Wheaton and the showrunner, Akiva Goldsman, talk about it on "Ready Room", the official after-show (2nd episode, of course).

Here you go:

GreyLord

Legend
I have only seen the first episode thus far, but just a thought.

Why would it need to be Data's DNA or whatever, why not his daughters? She shut down, but they had the entirety of everything else of hers, it is feasible they even had a positronic neuron or whatever it is from her.

Her name is also similar to the one that (at least seems to be) deceased now.

well, i timed my free trial right,watched episodes one and two and three is on thrusday,so it's with-in the free window. I'm mainly waiting for a purchase to clear my account before I make a choice on actually subbing to CBS all access or not. But I have liked what i've seen.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Klingons are so busy being drunk barbarians that they never actually get around to developing anything? Really? Centuries old empire of hundreds of worlds, and their technological development is so stunted that we catch up in a generation?

Yup. We're talking about a civilization which independently developed faster-than-light starships and teleporters. There's nothing stunted about them!

(So did the Gorn for that matter).

No. Diseases, Deaths and Divorces on Page 1. Popping the "and he's got cancer" late in the game is considered crap writing. I've been studying this stuff.
Actually, Picard's brain tumour was established in the final episode of TNG. So this is neither, it's just good continuity.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Picard was diagnosed with Irumodic Syndrome (or whatever it's called) back in the TV show. It was a big plot point of the final episode.

(ninja'd!)

Nagol

Unimportant
Yup. We're talking about a civilization which independently developed faster-than-light starships and teleporters. There's nothing stunted about them!

(So did the Gorn for that matter).

They've stunted since though. It's like a nation that developed cars 100 years ago and still uses Ford Model-A designs. During the TOS and TNG runs, they were presented as contemporary civilizations so having the similar power, transport, and combat systems made sense.

Now that they are more like an ancient culture who've had such tech for centuries (I think STE started that IIRC), they're more like a stunted remnant.

Remove ads