Star Trek Strange New Worlds, what did you think?

Hex08

Hero
The second episode was really good. Prior to this the only Star Trek show that had a really large cast and handled them well was DS9 and SNW followed in its tradition. Many characters had moments to shine, none were marginalized, and it was a true team effort resolving the conflict. The interpersonal relationships are believable and fun to watch.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Super fun show! I haven't watched any Star Trek past Deep Space 9, but this is a real treat. I love how it's focusing on the Next Generation style stories of solving problems through science, negotiation, and clever thinking. That's my cup of (Earl Grey, hot) tea!

My only problem with the first episode was how dark it was. It was like all the lights on the ship were dimmed. Then I realized my screen was at a really low brightness setting and the show got even better. 😁

Horwath

Legend
Wow,

2nd episode even better than 1st.

I hope I don't jinx it, but, like they realized what dumpster fire STD and Picard(mostly) was.

Also, channeling Sarah Connor was a nice touch, even if it was stolen :p

Last edited:

Hades#2

Explorer
I enjoyed this episode more than the first. Then again, in my experience, most 1st episodes are a little weak. The character development is going nicely thus far. The only character I would drop would be Lt. Kirk. The character is unnecessary. I didn't like Nurse Chapel in the first episode but the character might get better. I know the character has to be more than she was in TOS but the character felt wrong in the first episode. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, just a feeling or my impression.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think part of Nurse Chapel's meta-story will be to teach us, who are trained by historical elite-ism, to think of "nurse" as somehow "inferior" to "doctor" when in reality, it is a different calling.

In a hopeful, Trekian future, presumably nurses get the respect they deserve, and their talents and training expanded appropriately.

As soon as people can stop asking how she can do so much when she's "just a nurse", a worthy battle will be won.

Remove ads