Star Wars: Andor

Hussar

Legend
Have we ever seen an example of torture not working in Star Wars? It's not like anyone resisted it. At most, Leia gives up an older Rebel base, but, then again, she's got Force resistances to draw from. Which means you can wave away most plot points.

That being said though, this is probably one of the best SF series I've seen in a long time. This goes right up there with The Expanse for me. I'll cop to not being totally on board with the first couple of episodes - too much flashback and waaaay to plodding for me. But since then? Oh yeah. Even the last three episodes, where there's been pretty much no action to speak of, just people talking to each other, have been edge of the seat watching for me.

Very, very different tone from standard Star Wars. Much more nuanced and mature and, as someone said earlier, this would make a terrible entry point into Star Wars, but, as a different view of Star Wars? More please.

Funny thing about viewership though, I wonder if I'm a weird one. See, with streaming shows, I don't watch them when they come out. I wait until there are two or three episodes and then watch them all - it helps me to follow the story better. I lose details when I watch week on week, particularly in a show that has this many characters.

I think I'll wait out a bit for the season finale to see what the viewership statistics are. It might catch back up. I really hope so. And I really hope this writing team gets another crack at a Star Wars series. They've very certainly got what I want.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
How do you know the interrogation droids don't incorporate it?
Fair point. Maybe the droid does not incorporate it, but uses something newer, that is faster/more evil?

Also, we don't know yet how this whole thing works out for Meero. We know Andor does not get caught, but if her investigation becomes some embarrassing debacle for the Empire, her and her methods may all become tainted in the future.

reelo

Hero
This. They really need to avoid episodes in which nothing happens. It's self-indulgent.
Au contraire, mon ami! this is some of the best Star Wars I've ever seen because it's a slow-burn. It's refreshingly different. Though I can see how a generation of ppl who are used to MCU movies might think it's boring.

Remove ads