• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Star Wars)... Updated Reputation

faete

Explorer
I remember seeing that the reputation system for Star Wars was updated with the revised version.

I tried getting the issue of Star Wars Gamer with the rules updates, but this particular part didn't show up.

I've got the first version, and want the new Reputation ruless for another game that I'm running, but don't want to shell out the money for another copy of something that will more than likely end up sitting on my shelf with the other one.

Can someone help me out with the new rules?

Thanks

faete

Explorer
i'd settle for a generalization of what the changes were, though that may be a gray area also.

if someone would be willing to e-mail me something off site, i'd be willing to pull quotes from either the 1st book or the magazine as proof of ownership.

either way, thanks for any help, even the fact that i may not get much more...

Davelozzi

Explorer
I'm not sure of what the old rules were, but the new ones are basically that you get a reputation bonus according to your class levels, similar to the way they handle it in Wheel of Time, if I remember correctly. The GM adds the bonus to skill checks when he feels that its appropriate for the skills Bluff, Diplomacy, Entertain, Gather Info, and Intimidate.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Basically the characters get less reputation as a class feature, and I don't think it is expected that you can gain reputation for doing famous things. On the other hand, your reputation is added (or subtracted) directly to certain skill checks, rather than attempting to make a skill check in order to determine whether a +5 bonus is gained to the actual skill check (as it worked in the first edition).

Cheers

Remove ads