• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate SG-1 Season *200th* 10 *Discussion Thread* 8/18

Just_Hal

First Post
DonTadow said:
Real quick though, I missed the mcguyver reference, do you remember where in the show icould find that?

It was on the build up show that ran before the 200th epi........ in a prankster montage.

Phoenix8008

First Post
200 was over the top and silly, but I enjoyed the heck out of it! The puppets were amusing ("Nobody would put up with a movie entirely of puppets!" Can you say 'Team America'?) and seeing the 'Furlings' was great! And did you catch Walter's instant change from green jumpsuit to black combat gear in the 2 seconds it took him to run down the stairs to the gate when he was invited?! Another classic sci-fi goof up spoofed.

Here's hoping they get to do a 300th episode in 5 years!

Kesh

First Post
I agree the puppets ran too long... but they were funny as heck. The whole episode was great. Though my boyfriend was a bit confused, as he hadn't seen the previous episodes with Murray yet, and hadn't realized
the furlings haven't been seen in the series yet
. Need to get him up to speed on the previous seasons.

He nearly died laughing at the Farscape spoof, though. :D

Kesh

First Post
DonTadow said:
what? scifi canceled stargate? I thought they renewed it for 2 more seasons?
Nope, they just announced yesterday that SG-1 is done after this season. The producers are talking about continuing the story somehow (mini-series, direct to DVD or something), but Sci-Fi did not renew their contract.

They did pick up Atlantis for another season, though.

DonTadow

First Post
Kesh said:
Nope, they just announced yesterday that SG-1 is done after this season. The producers are talking about continuing the story somehow (mini-series, direct to DVD or something), but Sci-Fi did not renew their contract.

They did pick up Atlantis for another season, though.
Man leaveit to scifi to screw me yet again. Farscape, stargate.

Then they leave the worst of the two shows. I bet the reason its down this summer is because of atlantis, not stargate itself. Atlantis just does not make a strong teamup with stargate like battlestar gallatica does.

DonTadow

First Post
BTW does anyone have antying official on it. I am reading a lot of rumors online but nothing substantial or a newsarticle.

I also seem to remember the show being picked up for a 10th and 11th season three years ago.

Remove ads