Strange New Worlds season 2 - SPOILERS

The Engineer, they named her species twice but each time I couldn't quite make out what they were calling it and I wasn't using subtitles. Is it a new species or are they just El-Aurians?

I am a bit surprised Spock at this place in his life would be ready to steal the ship, but I guess I keep forgetting that he's basically emotionally unhinged right now until he resolves his issues.

Also, M'Benga in a bad mood and on combat drugs is scary. I guess we'll learn more about his war back story...

MarkB

Legend
I am a bit surprised Spock at this place in his life would be ready to steal the ship, but I guess I keep forgetting that he's basically emotionally unhinged right now until he resolves his issues.
He stole it for the sake of Captain Pike's wellbeing in TOS, not too out of character for him to steal it to stop a war.
Also, M'Benga in a bad mood and on combat drugs is scary. I guess we'll learn more about his war back story...
Yes, looking forward to that.

Stalker0

Legend
The Engineer, they named her species twice but each time I couldn't quite make out what they were calling it and I wasn't using subtitles. Is it a new species or are they just El-Aurians?

Yep this is why Vulcans suppress those powerful emotions. A few days on the emotion sauce and Spock is stealing starships!

The combat juice was cool but i really hope in the next episode we learn about their incredibly bad side effects or they are insanely addicting or something. Because right now it’s basically super soldier serum that seems to be side effect free. They could go with its “very hard to make” which works for the current timeline but wouldn’t hold up in the future when replicators get a lot better.

That was only real nitpick, a strong start to the season otherwise. Hehe this was probably the most realistic discussion of crew rotations in a long while, crew members on leave, PTO, on sabbatical…yeah with a crew that big there is always SOMEONE out of the ship :)

The “haunted war vet” angle works for me for Mbenga, I thought his story was one of the weakest on season 1 so glad to see a new direction for him

Remove ads