• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Subscription levels dropping

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Before I click on a link I always check my status bar and if it reads something other than what I am expecting, I often skip clicking through. Maybe you could change that page name to benefits.php or subscriber_benefits.php or something more promising, even if the dual pupose is to include payments.

Pardon?

Storminator

First Post
I canceled a couple months back, purely for financial reasons. I dropped the DDI, the cable and changed my phone options as well. None of those is large, but I'm in a mode where I'm adding them all up.

Sorry things are tough, man.

PS

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The button says "subscribe" and the page (which people will see in the status bar) says "payments.php" and I am suggesting you change them to say "benefits" or something in that vein.

Oh, I see!

I don't think I can; it's a core vBulletin file and called from many other files. Changing its name would break lots of things, I think.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Oh, I see!

I don't think I can; it's a core vBulletin file and called from many other files. Changing its name would break lots of things, I think.

Bummer there. Maybe Weem could adjust the button, though, I suppose. Might make it a touch more inviting.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I apologise for using red mod text - this isn't a mod post, but it is an important one.

I've started a poll in Meta about the structure of the forums. Because we've moved almost everything out of General, a common theme in this thread is that "because General is quiet, I assume EN World is quiet".

Given that traffic is UP, not down, this is clearly an optical illusion caused by the forums splits. There's craploads of traffic - we've just moved it out of General and split it into bite-sized chunks.

The poll in Meta is about recombining stuff into General, or keeping it split out into a number of manageable forums.

I don't promise to do what the poll says (I'll be discussing it with the mods as well), but I will definitely take it into account. You'll find it here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/286346-recombining-forums.html
Hmmm, I seem to recall being one of the voices protesting when the Pathfinder content got spun off into its own area, so I suppose that I ought to visit the poll....

The Auld Grump

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I generally run my bank account at or near a zero-balance. When my automatic sub fee comes out, I have usually forgotten about it, and the bank charges me 20 bucks for a NSF, putting me in negative balance. Then, my PayPal gets tied up as it then has a negative balance which I normally pay... yep... through my bank, which dings me another 20 bucks NSF. I gave up trying to keep up with it as your sub fee costs me 43 bucks a month because I suck at finances.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
HB have you looked at overdraft protection? It'll help with those NSF fees, and generally costs only a few dollars a month. I got it when I bought the house, what with all those lovely automatic monthly withdrawals (esp. when car payment, daycare ($1700/month), and mortgage hit on the 1st of the month) and its worked out really well for me.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@renau1g: I have, but due to past financial transgressions, my current bank won't allow me to have it and new banks require a certain time of proven transactions before they'll allow me to have it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads