• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fighter and Arcana

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So a master chef must cast divine spells, use lock picks, or play a musical instrument?
Well, you're going for a concept that's pretty far outside what the game is designed for, so some concessions might need to be made. I think the Lore Bard would be pretty perfect, I'd just forgo or ignore the instruments bit and refluff the abilities to focus on cookery, which seems like it would be pretty cool. The lockpick thing might even work for you if you went that way, a true artist wouldn't let a little thing like locked doors or recipe ownership get in the way of the perfect Griffin Tartare, would he?

G

Guest 6801328

Well, you're going for a concept that's pretty far outside what the game is designed for,

This is frequently a problem.

It's why I'm not really a fan of attempts to, for example, take literary figures and model them with 5e rules. Homer just wasn't familiar enough with the edition.

Well, you're going for a concept that's pretty far outside what the game is designed for, so some concessions might need to be made. I think the Lore Bard would be pretty perfect, I'd just forgo or ignore the instruments bit and refluff the abilities to focus on cookery, which seems like it would be pretty cool. The lockpick thing might even work for you if you went that way, a true artist wouldn't let a little thing like locked doors or recipe ownership get in the way of the perfect Griffin Tartare, would he?

Bards cast spells. Why must chef use magic (lockpicks or musical instruments)? How can one refluff a harp into a knife? Which musical instrument on the proficiency list acts sufficiently like a knife to act like one?

The concept isn't magic-cook or music-cook. It's master chef who adventures. Probably a fighter. Too bad fighters make worse chefs than lock picks, musicians, and loreseeking clerics.

Remove ads