• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gods Hate Us

deadestdai

First Post
Hurrrry wizarrrd. I am surrre ourrr tarrrying herrre will aid us not. It only takes a matterrrr of moments forrr those that watch to notice ourrr trrrespassing herrre.

Ruslan:[sblock]In addition to what Baril learned(go ahead and check his spoiler above if you haven't already ;)), you find the names of at least ten major Deities within, and even four names of the great Angelic Heralds. There is little else in the book of worth that you can find at the moment, as it seems to be a personal journal of sorts, chronicling its owners travels through the planes. Though there isn't too much particularly useful at the moment, there are very detailed descptions of the personalities of many powerful beings in the Planes, from Demon Lords to Angels to Gods. Whoever's journal this is, they are very well travelled and seem to work as a mercenary of sorts for anyone...though there is never any mention of payment. Always balance, but never payment.[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Interesting... it is a journal of sorts. It describes the owner's travels through the planes, as well as names of gods and their messengers, and some personalities of some powerful planar beings. The owner seemed to be a mercenary of some sort..." Ruslan shakes his head and brings himself back to the present. "I believe there was talk of finding some powerful being below here and freeing him to tweak the noses of the gods?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Pah! I do not lead, little froggie, and you well know it. Baril, you are far more suited to finding this creature than I. Would you start us off?" Ruslan says, his voice dripping contempt at Pabsit, but turning respectful at Baril.

Zerth

First Post
Baril chuckles a bit at the exchange of words between Pabsit and Ruslan. "Certainly, I can start us off, but it won't get us very far. Granted, this is sort of urban environment, which is usually my area of expertise and preferred setting. But my methods of finding someone or something generally require there'd be someone around to ask about details and such. I'm a social person, need to be with people," the gypsy says, chuckling some more. "This place is a bit dead to my taste, if ya get my point."

"Our goal is simple, we need to find the entrance to the catacombs below. I just don't have a slightest clue to where that might be. Since all the buildings outside look the same, we probably just have to search them systematically and hope we find more information. That might be a tad difficult considering we'll probably run into those, who hunt us at some point."

Baril shrugs. "Like I said, not much. Any other bright ideas?"

guedo79

Explorer
Leaning against the wall near the door Lou pipes up, "Do we know anything more about this 'creature'? A name or even any type of description would be helpful in tracking?

We don't have many choices. I suggest we search the rest of the city. Maybe more people are trapped here. We may even stumble upon the entrance to bellow the city.

So unless anyone else has a better idea, I say we explore." Lousin draws his Greatsword and points to the door with it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Explore away. I say half go one way and half go another, look in each building. Go ten buildings, one group on one side of the street, one group on the other, going the same direction. After ten buildings, compare results, then keep going. Mark the streets outside the ones you search so we don't overlap," Ruslan says with inescapable logic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads