• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gods Hate Us

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"By all means," Ruslan says with a wave of his hand. "I'll cover you," he adds, his voice curiously expressionless. He holds his gloved hands ready, fingers pointed towards the door.

OOC - Readied action to disintegrate anything hostile that pops out.

guedo79

Explorer
The half elf draws his sword and squares his shoulders to the door. With Lousin's off hand he turns the knob and gives it a good tug, expecting something dangerous on the other side.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Come on now, put some back into it! I feel like I've been waiting here for weeks for you to open this door!" Ruslan snaps irritably, as Igor BUMPS into the wall while moving into place.

Ruslan, Baril, and Lou:

The door swings open very easily, nearly banging against the stone wall from Lou's pull. Inside, you see bodies. Various bodies of different shapes, sizes...and stages of decay. In fact the smell reaches you just as your eyes take in the hallway. It goes on for another thirty feet, bodies of humans, humanoids, and animals littered throughout and making the stone floor impossible to see before there is another door.

Along the walls, there is dried, brown coloured splotches of blood and clawmarks of various shapes and sizes. But the door on the opposite end is clean and pristine...wooden, but with four vertical, metal bars along its surface. From this distance, you can't make out any handle on it.

Toryn, Pabsit, and Oskar:

There aren't any hidden drawers that you can find within the desk, and Pabsit's examination of the tiny lines tells him that more of the lines go to the stairs than anywhere else...though the desk area is still very populated with them.

And in the silence, you all hear a noise. Above you. Not walking...but moving. Sliding almost, but not even that really fits. Grating, maybe? Or scratching...but single, and moving from one end of the ceiling to the next. However, you cannot see anything directly above you, so either you're imagining things, or the source of the sound is up on the next level.

deadestdai

First Post
Closing one eye and looking up thoughtfully, Pabsit starts to look for the stairs and to find out waht it is that's being so curious. He doesn't wait to see if the others follow.

guedo79

Explorer
Lou puts his hand to his mouth, "I would say it was *cough cough* a number of beasts."

Lousin moves about half way into the room looking over the bodies and the walls.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Here, no reason for everyone to get their boots dirty... Igor, go to the other door cautiously and inspect it for a handle," Ruslan commands. If anything seems to happen to Igor, Ruslan will command him to stop and return.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads