• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

Fradak

Explorer
"Such a quest is timely, don't you think Pinpehlu? Our finances were going low. We shall not have to sell my sword finally. But I might need the armor this time, my friend. Do you still have it?"
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Certainly, Subötaï, yes" Pinpehlu responds to both questions, nodding. "Would like it now, or shall I carry it a little longer?"

The porter has not even finished talking before putting down his load again, rummaging through one of the sacks and producing his friend's armor.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ooc: what about crossbow and sling ? 50 roupies=10 gp?
OOC: 50 Rupees = 10 gold correct. There are no crossbows or slings for sale here. You could buy a brace of throwing knives - 15 sp, 1 point of encumbrance for three.

If the GM is to make a suggestion, a little bit of armor or shield for the unprotected members of the party could do well. Shields provide the same protection as light armor, but take a hand to use.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So to save time in the future, I'm going to ask everyone to roll awareness now - keep roleplaying etc, but when I need it we won't have to waste a day or two while people roll

Awareness check: Roll equal or under with 2d6 on your Skill + Awareness skill (if any).

Rolling tool for newcomers: There is a built-in rolling tool but the forum changed very recently and I'm not sure how it works. I use Coyote Code: CoyoteCode Dice Roller v. 2.0
 

Fradak

Explorer
"I know the wounds received in battle bestow honor, but I think I've already had my share. Let's put this on."

OOC: Awareness: 2D6 = [5, 5] = 10
Subotai is already putting his armor on. Can't do everything at once.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I reckon no wounds in battle bestow even more honor," Pinpehlu dares as he helps Subotai to don his armor.

OOC: Pinpehlu Awareness should be below 5+1=6: 2D6 = [3, 1] = 4

I understand the suggestion about armor or shield for Pinpehlu, but the porter is too modest to claim any such thing. A shield is not really helpful since it takes a hand, one that he needs for his yoke, but armor may be a possibility.
 

Fradak

Explorer
"Hmm, you are right, my friend. That's why I don't like to see you without any padding. Take those and go find something suitable." said Subotai, giving his purse to Pinpehlu.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pinpehlu hesitates.

"I cannot accept such a gift," he says slowly, uncertainly, while his eyes do not leave the purse in his hands.

Then his gaze shots up, towards Subotai, and he smiles broadly, eyes lighting up.

"But I will try, nevertheless!"

Then the porter quickly moves towards one of the shops.

OOC: Pinpehlu will try and haggle to get the best price on the ruffian Light armor (rhino leather vest) of 4 gp, but I assume it will cost 4 gp. Do I understand correctly that is the 20 rupees of Subotai and Pinpehlu combined?

Also, just a heads up that on weekends I'm usually AFK, so my next post will probably be Monday at the earliest.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC: I can't cut and paste worth a crap on my phone but I rolled a 7 on Coyote. I'd have to go look to see what my skill is...am I right that I needed below a six?
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Watching the others look at extra armour and consider weapons caused Dubi Gan to rethink his claim that he had all he needed. He picked up a few shields and felt their weight and material until he found one that satisfied him. It was the sturdiest that he could find that didn't feel too cumbersome on his arm. He paid the vendor and then joined the others, curious to see what they had decided on.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The party, purchases done, departed the Grain District and crossed the New Bridge - a ricketty wooden affair spanning the western arm of the God River, and reached the Red Bank district. The district is full of petty Lamarakhi traders selling kojos stick and daggers, porters and crabmen ferry goods, street hawkers peddling matka tickets, frogs on a stick and discount opium. However, the crowd parts for you - an armed slugman and his retinue is one not worth impeding. Even your group however must make way for the Juggernaut, the enormous rolling temple of Lady Death, the Juggernaut - you have no desire to be ground beneath its bloody wheels.

As you push west, eventually, the area looks poorer, the building more disheveled, the people more ragged. Frog Froth is now the only slugman present. Soon, the city fails entirely, and the citizens vanish. This is the Old City - the edge of the Yellow City, abandoned to the jungle. It is place of ruins - building in various state of decay, planted tress now immense, vines choking structures, gardens turned into dense thickets. There are many birds here and they seem very happy to make a lot of noise. The smells of the city have been replaced with the essences of a thousand kinds of trees, fruits, flowers and all sorts of insects. You are following the Red Road, made of clay tiles anointed against wear with blood.

Eventually, the road leads to a darker area - the road ends, the buildings become sparse, and the canopy becomes thicker, the forest darker and far more quiet, the air thick with humidy and the smell of decay. Dubi Gan breaks the silence: "I wanted you to see it. Lahag, the Cursed Jungle If, gods forbid, something were to happen to me, I wanted you to know what it looked like. No matter what happens, do not enter Lahag!"

"Let's go a bit further from this place and head into the old city. I want to find that palace so you can get your reward and I can get my graduation".

After backing away perhaps a couple hundred yards, Dubi Dan stops and starts drawing a crude map in the dirt. "See this line? This is the red road. If we go south of it, we are too far south. This line to the right, that's the edge of the Yellow City proper - if we are back in town, we've gone too far east. This other wavy line on the top, that's a stream - if we reach it, we're too far north. And this last line to the left (he's drawn a crude square)… This is Lahag, the Jungle. Where the old city end and the real jungle begin. So all we have to do is explore this squarish area and find the Blue Palace. "

He stood up and adjusted his sword in his sash. "Let's do this!"
 

Attachments

wingilbear

Explorer
Perhaps a prophecy is in order from our esteemed colleague to get us started in the right direction, otherwise perhaps we can find a tall area to get the lay of the land frog froth scans the nearby areas eyes lazily searching for danger
 

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
After several minutes of chin scratching and erratic mumblings, Miu turns to the others with a quizzical look on his face: "This place does seem familiar, I have to admit. But that means very little coming from me... I've visited so many places before, some that were no different that this, and I can't recall... Or perhaps it was this place? Let me think on this for just a minute more."

OOC:
Sorry again for going AFK. Had a busy weekend and I wasn't getting any notifications from your posts. But anyway, that's fixed-up.

@Ancalagon Miu definitely bought 50 feet of hemp rope, and that sack.

Also, my book says that my staff is one handed... (i don't have it on me at the moment)... Is that right? Cause I'd totally get a shield as well.

Awareness Check::: 2D6 = [5, 2] = 7
That's on my awareness of 7. So that's a pass?
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: @tuffghost12 I'll allow the staff one handed and the shield.

Miu closes his eyes again and concentrates. They snap opens as he barks "Danger!"

At the same time, Frog Froth smells the pheromone of predators - a primal warning, the Bull of Battle allowed him to sense threat, the same spiritual alarm felt by Miu. He spins around drawing his blades. Pinpehlu is taken aback, but notes that the birds have fallen silent, and drops his yoke as he gets ready for battle.

Unfortunately, Dubi Gan is too fascinated by Miu's prophetic processes, and Subotai too startled, and they react too slowly.

OOC: who made their alertness checks and who did not.

All around you, a group of strange, large spider-like beings have suck around you. Their legs are dis-proportionally long, and end in small, baby-like hands. Two of them hold daggers, knives, sharpened sticks and other shiv-like weaponry. Their body, the size of a very large melon, is one solid ovoid shape, yellow tinted, with alarmingly human-like eyes on small protrusions and a mouth filled with blunt teeth. They leap towards you while shouting long "whooooop! whoooooooop!" calls, hoping to use shock and surprise to overwhelm you.
 

Attachments

Advertisement

Top