The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pinpehlu nodded. The small but rotund man was keeping quiet, a habit from working as an obedient lugger for so many years. He sips his tea and follows the exchange, eyes cast down towards his hot drink.

OOC: Sorry I'm late, needed quite a lot of time to come up with a name and matching picture. :)

Fradak

Explorer
"I like your spirit, monk. We'll need it. And I like fair contracts. Subotai is the name.

So, what do you say, Dubi Gan? "

tuffghost12

Ghostly Tuft
"Don't you worry, young apprentice," says Miu. "We will keep you nice and safe on the journey ahead. And yes, equal share of any goods we might find. It's only fair, so long as you carry your own weight."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: @FitzTheRuke, it is up to you to decide how much advance fund you give the party. Only 1-2 more posts before you fully take over the character!

Dubi Gan nodded at everyone "It is agreed then. I have to go get the money and some gear. Meet me here tomorrow at dawn. We can stop on the way to purchase something if needed"

You gathered at dawn, perhaps the quietest time of the day in the Yellow City. You could hear the heavy crunching of the giant cockroaches feeding in the back alleys, and the cooing of their herders, moving their insectile livestock from one garbage pile to the next.

The Grain District was not a main shopping district but basic equipment was available.

Basic meal: 5 cash (round copper coin with a hole in it)
Cheap meal: 2 cash
Provision: 1 silver
Bottle of cheap wine: 1 silver
Pot of tea of the third quality: 2 cash

Sword, pedestrian (a short, hacking blade used by people of low stature. A parang, charay etc): 3 gold
Sword, nice (same stats as a pedestrian sword, but looks distinguished. A scimitar, tulwar, ferengi etc): 15 gold
Dagger, fighting knife etc: 5 sp
Club, well made: 5 sp
stout stick: Free (as club, but -1 to skill)
Mace: 8 gold
Bow, plain: 10 gold
Arrows, 10: 1 gold

Light armor, fit for a ruffian (rhino leather vest) 4 gp
Light armor, fit for a slugman (fine chain vest) 40 gp
Shield, hide and bone: 2 gp
Shield, metal: 15 gp.

Oil vial 2 sp
Sack 2 cash

(edit: If you can think of something else basic, just ask).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
At the Grain Market, Dubi Gan will settle on giving out an advance of 10 rupees to each hire, insisting that this will cover both the 10 per cent discussed, and the "half now", as there are now five in the group, and the full offer was 100.

OOC: Err. I think? There are five of us, right?

Fradak

Explorer
Subotai proposed to give his 10 rupees to anyone needing expensive weaponry (if anyone wants a ranged weapon for example).

OOC: Correct. Even if a lawyer could argue that the employer should not use employees salaries as compensation of his own expenses (Fair Labor Standards Act & Equal Employment Opportunity Commission of 1294, Yongardy Code of Laws § 5102 - 5106 et seq.).
4 hires means 12.5 rupees each.

But it's ok, Subotai will not sue you, this time (because we're not in Yongardy). So 10 will do.
Never trust a wizard.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I am fine, thank you," Pinpehlu says amiably, making the tiniest of bows to Subotai; a habit of politeness he seems not to be able to shake, despite their friendship.

"If your possessions grow too heavy, Pinpehlu can carry some of that weight," the short and heavy porter offers with a smile that never seems to leave his face. He picks up his yoke and with the experience of many years, places the thing on his broad shoulders and lifts it with ease, various heavy-looking sacks hanging on both ends.

Remove ads